White Man's Burden - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

White Man's Burden Reviews

½ July 27, 2015
What if the roles were reversed. Would the treatment of minority races or religious groups be any different. Honestly I think not.
June 7, 2015
excellent view point so I have heard
April 25, 2015
Interesting premise done half ass.
January 28, 2015
A powerful, paradigm shifting movie.
½ December 29, 2013
I like the concept. However, The role reversal of people's didn't really work here. It mite of worked if it was the other way around. (In my opinion)
December 22, 2013
My Favorite Film Is 1941's Citizen Kane.
½ March 9, 2013
i like this moviesb every needs to watch this moive you will love it
February 17, 2013
I remember this being really interesting back in the day. Great concept.
December 7, 2012
May watch...
½ April 25, 2012
very cool to watch, perspective is everything as the movie proves
½ January 27, 2012
At times things would happen seemingly without reason and I'd end up feeling bad for the character and think part of it is the mental programming I (we) have. My girlfriend even asked, "Why is he getting beat? He didn't even do anything". The answer to every question in the movie is skin colour. The premiss of the movie is creative and totally different from anything I've ever seen on screen but past that there's a cast of a dozen stars but no real amazing acting. I think one should see this souly for what the movie stands for.
September 11, 2011
Interesting enough. Though probably more interesting when it came out.
½ July 14, 2011
Thought provoking, but no longer relevant in modern society.
½ November 23, 2010
Like an alternate universe. It was weird to watch because you don't see this shit everyday but still worth watching
October 18, 2010
Kind of silly concept where you can tell the director wanted to make a "statement" but just comes off as stupid.
½ September 20, 2010
Superb acting from both the main characters, Travolta and Belafonte. In this fantasy view into an alternate world we experience the reality of racism and the "what if" of a universe where the black are on top and the white on the bottom.
Travolta, an honest working man gets himself in trouble out of incident where his actions were misperceived. Act followed, he looses everything, worse than a country song or a sad blues, his truck breaks, his is beaten up by a pair of racist cops, and the morning following, his family gets evicted.
Out of desperation he resorts to solution that in turn once again twists into more trouble where the two classes/races will have a change to know each other more in dept.
Don't miss it, it is truly a hidden gem.
May 23, 2010
just a stupid film and idea
May 22, 2010
This film is pretty good - a simplistic premise but the acting of Harry Belafonte and Travolta carry it - probably one of the most powerful anti racist films I have seen
½ February 21, 2010
If you ever thought to yourself, "I'd like to experience a world where John Travolta whines a lot and the role of "The Man" is played by a black man," boy, have I found the movie for you! Enjoy.