Haunted Reviews

• Sep 15, 2016

just brilliant acting, shot and atmosphere. One time a film smashes the book. Take note, the second book is far better and the third is perhaps the worst you'll ever read

• Apr 24, 2015

Shouldn't a movie called Haunted be even mildly scary????A wistful story but even at that it's mediocre.

• Feb 14, 2015

I enjoyed this film and this period. What a quirky ending!

I enjoyed this film and this period. What a quirky ending!

• Nov 23, 2014

A so-so horror movie. Started fairly well, built well with a fair amount of intrigue, then unraveled to an extent at the end. After all the intrigue, the revelation and punchline just seemed lame and contrived, and created a few plot holes. Was reasonably entertaining, however. Movie will mostly be remembered (by men, especially) for Kate Beckinsale. This was one of her first big screen appearances and she is stunningly beautiful, and delivers a solid performance. Decent performance too from Aidan Quinn. Cast also includes Sir John Gielgud in a supporting role. He is there to give the movie some credibility and star-power.

• Jul 27, 2014

Epic!!!!!!! Go see it on amazon

Epic!!!!!!! Go see it on amazon

• Jul 27, 2014

Aidan Quinn proves to be a talented actor in this underrated creepy horror/mystery film

• Dec 16, 2013

The creepiest part of this supposed "ghost story" is the incestuous relationship between siblings Christina and Robert - And Simon had a scene of skinny-dipping with his sister as well. Nothing remotely mysterious about the story line (80% of critics liking this film is more curious), and the acting is mediocre at best.

• Dec 17, 2012

Kate Beckinsale nude, 'nuff said!

Kate Beckinsale nude, 'nuff said!

• Dec 08, 2012

Before M. Night Shyamalan snapped the twist-ending's neck this was probably a rather novel idea.

• Nov 19, 2012

Saw this film once, years ago when I was about 15 or 16. I remembered that I loved it, but couldn't remember much else. I had forgotten that Kate Beckinsale and Aidan Quinn were in it. Also John Gielgud, which is odd, since I love all these actors. Last week after searching online for the film's name, (which I half-remembered, thinking it was "The Haunted" instead of just "Haunted"), I came across it IMDB and then began to look for it to watch again, which I did today. It was as good as I remembered it. I remembered most of twists in the plot, which I won't reveal, and was stunned all over again with the breathtaking scenery of the English countryside and the period clothing. Beckinsale was just lovely, and of course, Quinn was dashing as always he is. Gielgud, of course, was ever the professional and turned in a remarkable, though small, performance as the kindly country doctor. This film comes highly recommended by me, but remember that if you have a problem with nuidity or sexual content, this film may not be for you (or more precisely, your children). Also, viewrs should remember that this film was made on a rather small budget seventeen years ago, so the special effects in some places aren't exactly spectacular, though this should by no means be off-putting to the viewer in general. So, if you like a good, dramatic ghost story, well acted and tastefully done, then I suggest you check this out.