Sabrina - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sabrina Reviews

½ December 2, 2014
watched it in the 90s
½ September 28, 2014
just lacks the magic of the first
August 22, 2014
Annoying remake of an annoying story...It is painful to watch this miscast of actors in this remake...
½ August 17, 2014
It's a lovely movie and remake of the original. Don't listen to any of these miserable critics. They've seen too many movies for their own good.
½ August 3, 2014
Even as a business jerk, Harrison Ford still dominates and makes you love him
June 18, 2014
Not as good as Billy Wilder's but still a "not bad" remake of a classic.
If you don't miss the shining Audrey Hepburn, the most bothering thing in this film is imagining Harrison Ford as Linus Larrabee instead of the Great Humphrey Bogart.
June 16, 2014
Lest you forget that Harrison Ford is really funny.
May 26, 2014
I love this movie. It is so much better than the 1954 version. Don't get me wrong Audrey Heburn was a amazing but to say there was no chemistry between her and Bograt is an understand statement. Harrison Ford and Julia Ormond have a better chemistry. I love the mom, Maude and the parents of Julia. They are great!!!
½ April 18, 2014
Far better than the original. The actors are much more invested. As big a Bogart fan as I am, he really didn't care about that film. Harrison Ford gives his usual great performance and Julia Ormond is nothing short of dazzling. Romantic and fully entertaining.
April 4, 2014
Not even close to the original
½ March 16, 2014
I was pleased to come across this on Netflix as I wanted to see the remake - a very good remake and kept to the story well - Harrison ford is good but he's no bogart - not as good as the original but still well done
February 26, 2014
Dull and boring romance story which drags on too long.
February 23, 2014
One of the best movies ever!
December 15, 2013
Remake of the Audrey Hepburn starring original, which is already dodgy because any remake of an Audrey Hepburn film is hard for anyone to accept. The film is also quite dull and although it's a modernised version, it is much less appealing than the original, with an even slower beginning and a more sloppy romance.
½ September 10, 2013
Note that I watched this version before I saw the original. I thought it was fantastic. I watched it over and over again because Harrison Ford wasn't only making Sabrina fall in love with him but I was falling in love with him... again. Then I saw the original. This version is still very strong with the cast on it's own and of course the score (John Williams!!) but nothing compares to the acting in the original. Also in this version there is more character development of minor characters, such as Elizabeth Tyson. And after seeing the original I FINALLY get the line "It was all about a piece of plastic." Nice touch. So over all great stand alone film, but when compared to the original it's just OK.
September 4, 2013
As great as Ormond and Ford can be, they are not suited to replace Hepburn and Bogart in these particular roles. While revisioning classics is fair, the original's conservatism of plot does not translate well into modern filmmaking, even on the part of Pollack.
September 4, 2013
It's hard not to compare this film to the original, as a film should really be based on its own merits.
The cast and script aren't as charming as the original, but this isn't a bad flick, by any means. Still, I wouldn't opt to watch this one again...unlike the 1954 classic
August 18, 2013
This is when I stopped liking Harrison Ford.