She - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

She Reviews

May 22, 2011
My first Hammer Horror experience and it won't be the last as I'm now rather intrigued by them. It obviously doesn't size-up to films from today but it held my interest thanks to some interesting characters and a good storyline revolving around Ayesha, or known as She, a woman keen on finding her lost lover. It reminded me of 'The Mummy' in a way and while acting and special effects might look a little dodgy now I would think they were good for the 60's, so for what it's worth I'm impressed.
February 12, 2011
John Richardson, Bernard Cribbins and the Cush bump into She (Ursula Andress) who wants to put Richardson in a blue flame.
November 12, 2010
ursula is gorgeous and I liked the ending
October 14, 2010
I like this Hammer film because of it's more adventurous theme and it's Persian setting.
August 8, 2010
despite great perfomances from Cushing cribbins and lee this film meanders quitte a bit especially in the middle meaning this film is entertaining if somewhat unsatusfying viewing :)
August 1, 2010
Interesting film, but hasn't really aged well.
½ June 17, 2010
(**): Thumbs Down

Fun at times but it is more cheesy than anything.
½ April 28, 2010
She is a Hammer flick high on style and weak on story. It might pass for a precursor to one of the latter-day Mummy movies or a really woeful Indiana Jones movie. She is a decent adventure movie where an in-her-prime Ursula Andress plays an immortal queen out to find the reincarnation of her lost love. For as foxy as Andress is in this movie, her charms kind of wear off once she starts spouting her dialogue (not that I'm expecting David Mamet, mind you) but Peter Cushing (who kills in the bellydancing scene at the beginning) and Christopher Lee never disappoint. The last act falls apart but I liked the lack of an upbeat ending.
February 12, 2009
a different type of Hammer film - adventure time as three intrepid explorers try to find an ancient lost city - Ursula is radiant as "she who must be obeyed" and Cushing, Lee and Cribbins are always watchable in whatever they do. A fine film
December 28, 2008
Nice little Hammer adaptation.
December 10, 2008
It's got Ursula in it. (Dr No) That has to be worth something.
September 19, 2008
a strange horror film from hammer studios, following a bunch of archiologists trying to discover a lost city ruled by a woman who has lived for more than 2000 years. Easy going entertainment but a very impressive effect showing an extremely fast ageing process that for the time is very impressive indeed.
June 26, 2008
Good olf-fashioned boy's own adventure based on the H Rider Haggard story of the same name.

Ursula Andress is effulgent in the title role and much more attractive than the modern day "She Who Must Be Obeyed", M Thatch.
May 28, 2008
A load of camp old nonsense - very enjoyable!
April 1, 2008
The classic novel brought to the big screen manages to lose much of its magic in the process. Ursula Andress is radiant as Ayesha, "She who must be obeyed", whilst Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing look rather bored by the proceedings. Great costume design makes it quite a pretty affair but the pace of the story trudges along rather too slowly for modern tastes.
½ March 8, 2008
The plot to this one is a little convaluted for a horror but if you like the Lee/Cushing chilling tales then this will appeal more.
January 6, 2008
Fun film, well shot, wonderfully cast - although not quite up to the novel's standards. Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing play well off each other, as ever.
½ November 10, 2007
The basic storyline may be a little bland and uninvolving, but journeying with the trio of Peter Cushing, Bernard Cribbins and John Richardson is so enjoyable (and Cribbins is the 'glue' that makes it so) that blandness is forgivable, really. Very lavish by Hammer's standards, this adventure flick is something of a minor masterpiece - in a sort of wet-Sunday-afternoon-viewing kind of way.
Ursula's perfectly adequate in the title role (although I'm more of a Raquel Welch man, myself); Andre Morell has a small-but-effective supporting role. Cushing & Lee both have EXCELLENT beards in this! (Although, of the two, Cushing wins hands down.) Cushing and Cribbins would again team up, of course, in the following year's Daleks: Invasion Earth 2150AD.
The name of Chris Lee's character won't fail to raise a chuckle amongst those who know their rock'n'roll history.
And was the cage-lowering-into-lava-pit an inspiration for Temple Of Doom? Wouldn't surprise this viewer.
garyX
November 9, 2007
The stunning Ursula Andress plays an immortal queen waiting century after century for the reincarnation of her love who bears a striking resemblance to John Richardson, who promptly falls under her spell. He and companions, archeologist Peter Cushing and likeable working class valet Bernard Cribbins, travel to her lavishly realised forgotten kingdom where he becomes torn between the coldly beautiful yet cruel "She who must be obeyed" and a warm and compassionate slave girl. All the best scenes are of course between Hammer stalwarts Cushing and Christopher Lee, but Andress is strangely convincing as the irresistible yet heartless Ayesha. The story constantly surprises, and despite the rather wooden performance by Richardson, always entertains. A solid old-school adventure yarn, which combined with some great production design, unusually (for Hammer!) well executed effects and location camera work makes this one of Hammer studio's finest moments.