The Last of the Mohicans - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last of the Mohicans Reviews

½ September 24, 2010
Tourneur (and Brown) frame everything so beautifully that I'm tempted, at times, to quit following the story and the film's often hollow acting (particularly from the female lead), and just bask in its pictorial radiance.
March 24, 2010
I don't know what this movie was, but it sure as hell wasn't "The Last of the Mohicans".
½ December 8, 2009
Compressed but quite entertaining, especially in its last 20 minutes.
½ November 8, 2009
The silent film lands somewhere between novel and movie, with this version of the Last of the Mohicans basically being a cliff-notes version of reading the novel. Though I like the updates made to the story in the 1992 film, this more Cooper-friendly version is still entertaining. Despite the limitations of the silent film, it captures some beautiful cinematography and is actually pretty enjoyable to watch (whereas I was expecting to be rather bored).
March 17, 2009
The Last of the Mohicans
½ January 14, 2009
Not very faithful to the book, and honestly, not very interesting.
½ November 28, 2008
Beautifully made silent film, excellent cinematography.Barbara Bedford gives a memorable performance. The story is well told, good direction.
November 7, 2008
Great ending and some good acting, but my overall opinion is that this is not a story that should have been adapted for the silent screen. Beware: don't rent this movie from Netflix or you'll get a heavily edited bootleg copy with terrible picture quality and off-center title cards that are barely readable. You can see the uncut (and much better quality) version on Youtube.
October 31, 2008
one of the movies that u can see over and over again and everytime u see it u like it more
September 27, 2008
Not really my scene plot-wise, but some of the landscape compositions are really incredible, as is the acting, particularly of Barbara Bedford.
August 27, 2008
Make sure you do not accidentally get this version instead of the 1992 one.. my bad.. lol
½ August 3, 2008
This should have been called The Last of the Munros due to the minor characterization of Uncas and even the rest of the natives. But why should we complain? The Mohicans and Hurons look nothing like Native Americans (to the point of causing and inward chuckle for the viewer--Wallace Beery!? come on!), so giving them more screen time might have made matters worse. All in all however, this first full-feature adaptation of Cooper's novel is excellent and really has some striking images, even if the billion title cards detract from them occasionally.
½ May 1, 2008
Not bad for silent movie but a bit dated and stilted.
April 28, 2008
Haven't seen this older version...only the LATEST version !
April 27, 2008
A real oldie
This was a good one
April 23, 2008
Interesting to see this story told as a silent filmā?¦not that Iā??ve seen it told any other way as of yet.
March 12, 2008
Wow. Who hasn't seen this!?! LOL.. It was an alright movie.