Wuthering Heights - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wuthering Heights Reviews

February 17, 2015
Not without its defects, but still the best version for capturing the 'feel' of the book. Performances from the cast were solid all around but the production seemed to suffer from budget constraints. Example: Two scenes showing Catherine's breakdown at Thrushcross Grange seemed to be the exact same shot, just reversed. Also, costumes were repetitive. Some people will not like that the movie only covers about half the book, but again, the overall themes of the book are certainly maintained. The ending takes up the images of ghostly hauntings most effectively and manages to convey in a few moments the years of torment Heathcliff suffered with Catherine's 'visitations'. Would recommend as definitely worth watching.
January 5, 2015
This film adaption followed the book fairly well, except for the ending and leaving out the second half of the book.
June 27, 2014
I will not be watching this one.
December 11, 2013
excellent movie. watched so many times. never bored of it
½ April 14, 2013
The only reason I watched this is because I first thought it was the 1939 version of the novel, but then it turned to be this shit.
½ February 17, 2013
I was not that impressed. Wuthering Heights is supposed to be a literary classic. There are nine Wuthering Heights movies (from 1939 to 2012) in the Flixster database, so it has to be a good story right? For now I've rated this one 2 1/2 *'s. I will have to see a couple more at least to do some comparison rating.
May 12, 2012
Very disappointing. Missed out the important speech "my love for Edgar/Heathcliff is like...etc" No ghost, and the Edgar's story arc is changed. No passion between the lead characters. I have to say, Heathcliff is a good actor and looks the part.
½ January 29, 2012
Timothy Dalton is perfect/flawless in this role. As good as the book or better.
June 15, 2011
The unintentional laughs are few, the performances are quality, and the drama is genuine. Ironically, for the least faithful adaptation of the text, it's the best so far. The relationship between Heathcliff and Catherine is as wild and uncultivated as it was in the book, Calder-Marshall captures Catherine's strong will and gives the most faithful interpretation of the character so far, and Dalton's Heathcliff is truly terrifying, his performance genuinely tragic.
June 3, 2011
Love Timothy Dalton :)
December 25, 2010
Dalton was so dreamy as the tortured "HEATHCLIFF!" What a sexy performance. I wouldn't trade this version for any of the other ones.
August 31, 2010
I remember really enjoying the book when I read it in school. I remember finding it very tragic and sad. And feeling for the characters to spite their selfish and unkind behavior.

I found that this version of the story presented the characters as completely unlikable and having NO redeeming qualities.

Perhaps I need to revisit the book again as an adult.
December 4, 2009
hated the book, disliked the movie
September 27, 2009
the content was ok, but not that interesting as i excepted. it didn't make me to read the book. it's bad acted. the camera is nothing special, but it sometimes looks like everything has been shot in studio. i believe there is a better version!
September 13, 2009
I love this movie! its so sad and sweet and horribly wonderful!
½ September 1, 2009
Ah, yes, the depressing movie where 30-somethings play teenagers to ill-effect, but yet somehow, it's not completely awful, either. I just don't care for it.
July 18, 2009
Disturbing man like OMG...weird
½ March 10, 2009
Very sadomasochistic film. I enjoyed it.
January 19, 2009
not showing enough "tumble"! :p
January 17, 2009
Okay, but where's the second half? and that woman is weak as anything. Very dated. TD carries it but he can't save it.