Wuthering Heights - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wuthering Heights Reviews

½ August 30, 2008
An utterly disgusting massacre of a brilliant book. The writer and director both betrayed a fundamental misunderstanding of the characters and plot. This would be a poor movie even if it were not derived from an excellent piece of literature. The fact that the initial book was so well conceived makes this treatment all the more detestable.
August 28, 2008
Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook. Ok. Heathcliff and Catherine are beautiful barbarians. So is the cameraman.
July 25, 2008
Timothy Dalton is amazing in the role of Heatcliff, dark...
July 2, 2008
not really like the book but heathcliff was creepily hot.
June 10, 2008
Raw and true are appropriate for this version of Bronte's classic, much better than Laurence Olivier's version of WH.
June 1, 2008
Timothy Dalton is Heathcliffe, this is the best version by far.
May 10, 2008
Anna Calder-Marshall was so dreadful annoying.
May 9, 2008
Dalton is as wild as hell, the rest of the cast fade in comparison. Still a bloody great piece of work though.
February 5, 2008
I liked the soundtrack and Hindley the most.
½ February 5, 2008
Not impressed. Here's hoping I never have to see this movie again!
January 14, 2008
Can't get around the Dalton. This also follows the book rather nicely to boot.
January 11, 2008
if you havn'y seen this, hunt it down. most don't realize that timothy dalton ever looked this hot!!!! it was a very good remake.
January 2, 2008
Terrific acting on Dalton's part. Very passionate. The move itself though cuts a lot out from the book. The 1992 version is more true to the book.
November 11, 2007
OMG, this is the most passion rich love story ever. the story of soul mates for life...(ps. I didn't find the other versions as good).
September 26, 2007
I was never interested in the book until I saw this.
September 22, 2007
You have to watch this version! It is s romantic and tragic!
aprilneo
½ September 12, 2007
Timothy Dalton is perfect/flawless in this role. As good as the book or better.
September 1, 2007
beautiful classic, who would have thought that Timothy Dalton was a hottie in his younger years
July 27, 2007
A very good version of the book, and a rare chance to see a James Bond actor in a deep and moving role.
July 5, 2007
It is my personal belief that there is no way to do justice to Emily Brontė's work in a movie.