Broken Arrow Reviews

• Jul 30, 2019

Loved it as a kid, but it did not age well. Pretty sure it ended Christian Slater's blockbuster career. Not even going to finish watching it.

• Jun 19, 2019

Worst movie I've ever seen.

Worst movie I've ever seen.

• Mar 15, 2019

It is not perfect but I had a really great time watching it. Travolta is a fun villain, the Park Ranger girl starts out weak but becomes badass by the end of the movie and Slater grows as a character throughout the movie.

• Mar 02, 2019

In my opinion Christian Slater is an underrated actor who does quite well in this action movie. John Woo did a good directing job and has directed other good films from Face/Off to Mission Impossible 2. John Travolta plays the villain very well and watching it I can see that John Travolta took his performance from this movie and used it in Face/Off

• Sep 12, 2018

Broken Arrow is a big budget blockbuster film from John Woo starring John Travolta and Christian Slater who are pilots assigned to carry a nuclear weapon when Travolta decides to go rogue. Travolta excels as the bad guy(as also seen in Face Off) and the scenes are over the top in typical Woo fashion. Set pieces aside this is a rudimentary action film one can watch with a few friends. (Good action film starring two charismatic stars).

• Aug 06, 2018

Broken Arrow is a big budget blockbuster film from John Woo starring John Travolta and Christian Slater who are pilots assigned to carry a nuclear weapon when Travolta decides to go rogue. Travolta excels as the bad guy(as also seen in Face Off) and the scenes are over the top in typical Woo fashion. Set pieces aside this is a rudimentary action film one can watch with a few friends. (A good diversion starring Travolta in top form).

• Jul 25, 2018

• Jul 20, 2018

• Nov 27, 2017

So if I didn't know, John Woo was the one who directed Broken Arrow before Face/Off and after Hard Target. This is a generic action film by all means but it's enjoyable by any means necessary. Aside from that, it does have one scene that is just as awesome as the action scenes. I literally remember some parts of the film and the nuclear weapon explodes. Watch this! That is awesome! Aside from that, nothing really out about Broken Arrow. It's an enjoyable film for some viewers but they'd just manage it to be decent. Broken Arrow is not as good as I thought but it's decent. However, I still think his film, Face/Off is fantastic.

• Sep 03, 2017

Hong Kong action maestro John Woo's most bland of American action films. It's not a bad action flick and is actually better than most, but it's a pretty dull script about corrupt US military man John Travolta trying to steal a nuclear warhead and his subordinate, Christian Slater, trying to stop him with the help of a plucky park ranger, Samantha Mathis, which make me want to consider this film a sequel to "Pump Up the Volume." The action is decent and there are Woo trademarks like two gun, Mexican standoffs, enemies back-to-back on opposite sides of a wall, etc. but it feels like he's just going through the motions. The studio supposedly heavily re-cut the film and maybe there exists a director's cut that's much better. Disappointing for a John Woo film, but satisfying enough by Hollywood action film standards.