- Based on a short story by Philip K Dick. Score.
- Well. Starting a movie off with a good old fashioned dismemberment is always a fine idea.
- I think they spent a good $50 on this set.
- $40 of which was for smokes.
- Best line of the movie: "Aw, get your head outta the lilacs, man!"
- Special "red" cigarettes neutralize radiation poisoning. Huh.
- Aw, what a cute kid. And by cute I really mean creepy as hell.
- Said to a rock in surprise as it grabbed his hand: "If you're gonna be a rock...be a rock! Don't be a bug!"
- Normal kids don't have that much machinery in them, do they?
- Or teeth, right? I mean, that's really an excessive amount of teeth for a small child.
- "Whassamatter Ross? Rat got yer tongue?"
- Damnit Ross! You blew up the only remaining command console.
- Well, Ross is gone. And wouldn't you know it...not a Screamer.
- Whoa. That's a lot of small children each with excessive amounts of machinery and teeth.
- Well, down to 2 last people on the planet. That escape pod's looking mighty inviting right about now.
- Yay! Jamming the knife in the circuit box and wiggling it around made the thing work again!
- There was a lot of mechanical screaming during this movie. My dogs were not amused. I'm guessing neither were the neighbors.
robocop, alien and village of the damned
Despite this, Peter Weller is pretty entertaining and the movie does make for a decent Invasion of the Body Snatchers/The Thing style of sci-fi horror. If it were shorter (it's unnecessarily long), it might be better. Still, it's fine for a late night watch. It's one of those rare movies that if you have no expectations, it's great. However, if you have some expectations, then you'll likely not enjoy this movie.