Tornado! - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Tornado! Reviews

February 23, 2015
It may be subpar compared to Twister, but there are good reasons to like it. True, the drama is thin, and there's more chasing than tornadoes, but this is one of those cult-based films to watch for the people. Bruce Campbell and Ernie Hudson make a interesting and fun duo. Even if the thrills never take off, those two made it a easy watch.
January 25, 2014
I have this movie both (1-on Digital video Disc, & 1- on VHS tape), & i have seen this movie on Network Television (Fox Television in Louisville, Kentucky).
August 18, 2013
Mala pelicula la verdad es malisima literalmente desastroza lamento las veces que la vi
½ May 15, 2013
Had a couple twisted scenes with cheesy acting.
½ April 1, 2013
Oh my god! It's a twister! Oh, wait, it is just b-roll stolen from handheld storm chaser footage. But we should still pretend like we are Bill Pullman and Cary Elwes anyway!
½ September 1, 2012
I thought this was going to be a scary and hyped up tornado film. But don't be fooled as the so called 'drama' is completely down on the chart. It is very boring, no action at all and too much talking. I would skip this one.
½ May 24, 2012
Despite potentially being an action-packed caper, this pathetic 'Twister' (1996) cash-in is nothing more than a waste of time, premiering on television three days prior to its blockbuster inspiration's cinematic release.
½ April 16, 2012
The movie is made purely for Ed Wood fans...
March 17, 2012
Much like when Ants and A Bug's Life both came out at relatively the same time. This is a great battle of the studios. Only Tornado got about 1% of the budget that Twister received. Yet, If you are a fan of Bruce Campbell then this is a must see. Truly great in all it's B-movie glory. Bruce is truly a master of "getting it" on one take as two takes would mean more film used, thus spending more money.
½ September 19, 2011
A fairly typical TV movie enhanced by a charismatic cast.
September 6, 2011
It has Bruce Campbell and Ernie Hudson in it so it can't be bad right with those two great actors? Unfortunately it is bad. Basically a poor man's version of Twister. This is a B-movie that isn't as bad as you might think, but it's not good either.
June 27, 2011
Streamed this on NETFLIX and it has every cliche that you expect.
- Strong, tuff, urban sophisticate - the woman
- strong, tuff yet gentle country - the guy
- drinking in a Texas roadside saloon and and hangover -woma
-the head of the research project - DOCTOR- black of course
-all knowing WISE sandpaper face- grandfather
- first test of machine - failure of course
gentle country guy vs. SLICKER - TV reporter guy
- gentle country guy TAMES urban sophisticate -makes her country (in jeans) (quits her big city job)
- but what will the new couple live on?????
----oh yeah he gets a fellowship at the university......
AND the CLICHE of cliches..... something big happening on computer screen AND AND AND.... young research associate is asleep ......................
½ May 11, 2011
Good Bruce Campbell movie, for those interested in seeing all his flicks. Basically a rip off of 'Twister', but what were you expecting?
½ December 8, 2010
Adore tornadoes and weather disaster movies but this is not really so good...
½ February 17, 2010
Like many disaster movies, Tornado does nothing, in my opinion at least, to improve anyone's image of the genre. I do like watching disaster movies, but, as I can recall right now, I haven't found very many that I've thoroughly enjoyed. Interestingly, Tornado was apparently released the same year as Twister. While Twister may have been a little better, I don't think either will make it into any favorites list of mine.
½ December 13, 2009
Very bad movie, To be avoided at any cost. Acting was plastic. No special effects. Bad direction. Even though the movie's name is Tornado but the actual Tornado only appears the last 5 minutes from the 90 minutes full length feature. If you are looking for a disaster movie then look somewhere else
September 28, 2009
Poor special effects, bland acting and the fact that it is a direct rip-off of Twister, released the same year, prevent this film from being entertaining. Predictable, the score is overdone and ihas too much dramatics leading to slow stretches.
September 28, 2009
Poor special effects, bland acting and the fact that it is a direct rip-off of Twister, released the same year, prevent this film from being entertaining. Predictable, the score is overdone and it has too much dramatics leading to slow stretches.
August 17, 2009
This direct-to-tv movie came out RIGHT after the buzz of "Twister" hit America. I remember.
½ July 5, 2009
Not bad for a "B" movie...