Kidnapped - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Kidnapped Reviews

½ August 23, 2012
This version of Kidnapped is the most recent and perhaps the longest yet. Filmed in Scotland, it is visually very satisfying, but the acting is insipid. While Asante brings a frantic Alan Breck (he runs everywhere, a couple marathons every day!) McCardie's David Balfour is flat, passionless. I much prefer the older, Disney version, starring James MacArthur and Peter Finch.
½ March 24, 2010
Great story telling and adventure.
March 28, 2009
No thankyou - Not interested
December 9, 2007
The Book was better but hoo can ye say nay?
November 22, 2007
Nice movie about the book.
November 3, 2007
It is a low budget film with poor cinematography, but...what it lacks in this area, it more than makes up for in artful and witty scripting and beautiful storytelling, (something sadly lacking in most recent hollywood productions). A personalised view of some significant British history. Long but good fun and light hearted.
November 1, 2007
Beautiful photography, awesome acting, and love the costumes! Of course, the scottish accents are really awesome too!
October 31, 2007
While there are a few scenes that appear to be redundant, the plot is a fascinating one. While watching you catch a glimpse of a time writhing with conflict. The dialogue is superb, and the acting sweeps you off your feet. Scottish accents rock!
August 28, 2007
A popular Scottish story by the author, Steven Livington
June 29, 2007
What the hell was Armand Assante thinking?
June 25, 2007
My all time Favorite movie in the universe. Beautiful acting by Assante
June 11, 2007
Best version to date, but STILL not satisfying (It's my favorite R. L. Stevenson novel) Assante rocks.
June 3, 2007
This made for TV movie is absolutely wonderful. It has just the right amount of swashbuckling, humor, and fighting.
March 6, 2007
no information on this...
February 24, 2007
y would anyone watch this?
January 16, 2007
It's been a while since I last saw this movie. I liked it.
November 6, 2006
this sounds like an interesting film
August 25, 2006
Long movie, but worth it! Brian McCardie is a very amusing actor. He plays his part extremely well!
"They were neither Highlanders nor Lowlanders. They were Scots."
½ May 2, 2006
Ahh first time I saw it, it was better. Then Dalcey forced me to watch it again.. (little *#^)
And urm, I wasnt into it. I just sat there and looked around the room whilst Dalcey stared and pointed wide-eyed at everything that happened loll.
March 21, 2006
Crap, i thought it was the disney one...