Twister - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Twister Reviews

April 23, 2016
5/5. My favorite movie of all time.
April 17, 2016
While possibly not the most accurate scientifically or the best plot in the world, it is an outstanding movie. When I can't figure out what else to watch, it's one of my goto movies.
April 11, 2016
Pretty entertaining. Worth a watch.
½ April 9, 2016
Great movie,had fun with it and loved it
March 30, 2016
Just shallow, dumb "entertainment".
March 28, 2016
This is a great classic movie
½ March 2, 2016
Everyone has movies they can watch over-and-over again and never get tired. This is one of those movies for me. This movie is well-balanced with great characters, who all get their chance to stand out. The premise is simple: storm chasers chasing twisters. The effects still stand-up after 20 years and this is a good film to watch with kids-as long as they are not too young. I was also surprised that there were many stars in the movie who hadn't yet risen to the top: Helen Hunt, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Jami Gertz. If asked, I couldn't pick my favorite character or moment. Best to park your brain on the side of the road and just enjoy the fun.
February 29, 2016
Childhood favourite ?
February 24, 2016
Twister is probably my personal favorite live-action movie, filled with my favorite storms, tornadoes, and destruction scenes that are just AWESOME!!!
February 9, 2016
Pretty fun, but pretty stupid. What else do you want from a movie about tornados?
½ January 23, 2016
7/10 fun and intense, special effects are outdated but still enjoyable
½ January 16, 2016
2016-01-16 lots of good twister animation
½ December 26, 2015
I had to give this a low rating for the horrible Okie accents alone.
EpicLadySponge
December 23, 2015
Better than Into the Storm obviously, but it ended up being what other disaster movies ended up being.
½ December 21, 2015
I enjoyed it. I like meteorology so it was good. The graphics were done fairly well considering computer graphics weren't quite used much yet. It also had good action
December 5, 2015
Excellent special effects, but horribly unrealistic. A truck stays on the road while 18-wheelers further away from the tornado are tossed into the air like toy cars. This movie is mildly entertaining to me, and I'm a huge fan of severe weather tracking and chasing.
½ November 30, 2015
I gave this movie a B
November 8, 2015
In my judgment, this and the more recent "Into the Storm" are on equal footing
October 26, 2015
Visually a stunning film, big budget and big star power. Simple story line and generic dialogue. Bill Paxton and Helen Hunt do a good job to keep this film going. Special effects are sometime over the top.