The Arrival - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Arrival Reviews

October 23, 2014
It's not bad but I can't say its exactly good either. Sheen's character is so powerfully douchey it's hard to care too hard about his wellbeing. He's like if Guy Fieri was a SETI scientist.
All in all, I dug the premise though... also the creative take on global warming. If they could shave a half hour off of this and add some more atmosphere it coulda been pretty good.
August 13, 2014
This underrated Sy Fy film bring us a story with a credible scientific support. In "Contact", the aliens communicate us how to travel to light speed to meet them, this time they communicate between them to organize and proceed with the "terraforming" of our planet and posterior conquer. Good choice to watch this night.
June 18, 2014
There are moments of brilliance... But it's hampered down by it's moments of idiocy.
May 21, 2014
J cthydyh. Fructose
Asylum to nil eggf oees
½ April 4, 2014
Don't waste your memory
½ March 14, 2014
Loved this when it came out... not so much any more.
½ February 16, 2014
Fair attempt at an alien conspiracy on earth story with a very neurotic Charlie Sheen doing an average job as lead, although to be fair to him there's a lot of lost potential about this movie.
½ February 11, 2014
Pretty good story, but terrible acting & directing.
February 7, 2014
A not-so-typical Si-Fi about a man who stumbles upon what's in the stars and on the Earth, finding himself in a race against time and the truth. Creative writing and a chain of events combine with still modern CGI FX to do a great job of a creating edge of your seat storyline.
½ December 4, 2013
Charlie sheen gives us a promising performance
November 17, 2013
Outstanding movie. Totally underrated and for some reason ,any people don't get it. A shame.
October 22, 2013
Currently watching....
October 19, 2013
B movie, with unbelievable performances by the cast and shoddy storyline
October 7, 2013
I find it well done and fun
October 6, 2013
Good enough show to watch!
September 28, 2013
Finally, a Charlie Sheen performance worth seeing. Loved every second of this very underrated film! Ron Silver is great in this as well. RIP Ron :(
September 15, 2013
Charlie Sheen must have been a hot-shot in-demand actor in the 90's because honestly speaking, I find him:
1) A Funny Guy
2) A Funny Guy who knows only how to Over-act
3) A Funny Guy who looks silly when he is trying to act serious.
4) A Funny Guy who thinks he is a good actor.
5) A Funny Guy who doesn't know how to act.

So when you look at Charlie Sheen act in this movie, there are moments you do not know whether to laugh or if there is a hidden agenda or if what is happening is truly serious.

However, the movie by itself is quite entertaining and unique in its approach. I liked the concept and the storyline. But there again, the ending was flat out and disappointing. Director David Twohy (Riddick, the Fugitive and A Perfect Getaway) does bring a unique perspective to the movie however you wish it would take you to a climax rather than anti-climatic scene.

Moment of Truth
Watch the movie. It is different. But yeah, keep in mind - Charlie Sheen seriously is a funny guy.

Overall Ratings
6 out of 10

Loy Machedo
loymachedo dot com | whoisloymachedo dot com
½ September 7, 2013
kinda original very dated now
½ August 24, 2013
Fun film with great sci-fi.
½ August 4, 2013
It was ok... Could of been better