Moll Flanders - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Moll Flanders Reviews

July 17, 2015
May 14, 2014
I really loved this movie..I hope it comes available on Flixster or Vudu soon!!
January 14, 2014
i loved this movie both today and when it first came out
June 23, 2013
A complete waste of time. The movie is NOT the story of Moll Flanders in any form other than using her name. Dont watch it if you read the book...
June 18, 2013
Loosely based on the Dafoe novel about the misfortunes of an independent, intelligent and resilient woman by the name of Moll Flanders. The film begins with by a man, picking her up from an orphanage, who reads her diary to her on their trip to her benefactor. The film is built upon a predictable structure and uses an approach that leaves one cold or bored for the most part.
½ September 19, 2011
This was a pretty good movie and was very interesting and I enjoyed the story. It was well made and has good cast. Also enjoyed seeing the time period the movie was set in and the hardness of life. We have come a long way. Women were not treated fairly in those days. Great movie and real interesting. It well worth watching.
June 30, 2011
I only watch the Winslet tv series. Sexual. Awakening. Thank you Kate.
½ June 28, 2011
I Love a Story where someone changes their life for the better, & this is a really great one
April 14, 2011
Can somebody send me the link for its torrent having at least 20 seeders and it should be no more than 1.5 GB.
½ January 20, 2011
This movie is very well done. The acting in it is believable, which is usually my biggest turn off to period films. I think EVERYONE should watch it <3
½ January 15, 2011
Love me some Morgan Freeman.
October 15, 2010
I can't believe I've never seen this movie before now! What an interesting story!
October 10, 2010
As long as I forgot about the book, I liked the movie. It had very little to do with the original Daniel Defoe story, though.
September 27, 2010
WOW, and this is why I really dont follow reviews. This is a good movie, should watch if you want a tear jerker.
August 26, 2010
The acting is quite good and the costuming is breathtaking. But the direction is seriously lacking, turning the drama into a plodding walk, at times it's distractingly slow.
August 22, 2010
Not a bad film, just a little dry and matter-of-fact.
½ June 27, 2010
Did the screen writer even read Defoes' novel? I doubt it.
April 26, 2010
Hee Haw haw!!!!!!!!!!
½ April 19, 2010
(from The Watermark 06/22/96)
Freeman is a servant in 18th century England who has been sent to retrieve a young girl from an orphanage. He has been tracking her down for years, and has instructions to read her the memoirs of her mother, Moll Flanders (Wright). The intent is to let the girl experience the ups and downs of her mother's life and derive some wisdom from the struggles endured by her own flesh and blood. Intended to be a story about perseverance and unbreakable spirit, this soggy, long-winded epic floats from episode to episode at a numbingly slow pace. And though the final payoff in the film is pleasing, it still has led nowhere emotionally. Things happen to Moll Flanders, but Moll Flanders never makes things happen. Let's hope the kid learns the real lesson of the film: proactive characters make better films.
½ March 10, 2010
I'd like to see this again. I dont remember it much but I remember that I enjoyed it.