The Nutty Professor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Nutty Professor Reviews

½ May 9, 2018
The makeup is awesome and it is fun to see Eddie Murphy having fun playing so many different characters, but the movie is pretty juvenile, relying on a lot of fart jokes that get tired real fast, and has an ending even more implausible than that of Jerry Lewis' version.
½ April 30, 2018
The Nutty Professor offers a fresh and hilarious update on the 1963 Jerry Lewis classic and showcases a genuinely comedic "post-Axel Foley" performance from Eddie Murphy in a slew of multiple roles.
½ March 11, 2018
Dumb lame not funny movie starring Eddie Murphy and Dave chappelle.
February 2, 2018
Coming nearly a decade after Murphy's last real hit, the stand-up Raw comes this family friendly comeback.
Murphy plays endless characters to degrees of success and the film has its moments but neither great or bad, just okay.
October 29, 2017
This is a loveable and funny film.
½ October 7, 2017
Very funny. I really like it and it has a lot of heart
September 20, 2017
this movie is freak-in hilarious and even emotional at times.
½ August 17, 2017
Duh what a show that stinks I give it 2.5 stars....
½ July 4, 2017
Not my cup of tea, it's basically just one big fart joke one so idiotic that it actually created one of the best movies in a movie, The Fatties in tropic thunder, so thank you for that I guess.
February 6, 2017
It pivots on what you think of Eddie Murphy's characters. Could be funny or grating. I personally still enjoy it and think this movie is better than most remember it. It's silly and often immature but it can also be quite sweet.
January 22, 2017
A new refreshing twist on the 1963 Jerry Lewis classic. Eddie Murphy is hilarious in several different roles. It has almost become a comedy classic of its own. (First viewing - Early teen years)
½ November 6, 2016
A hilarious classic that still drums up the laughs and excitement to this day.
November 6, 2016
A modest remake that improves upon the original for better and for worse.
September 16, 2016
This film could have been an offensive insult if not done properly (as Norbit proved in 2007). However, it managed to be both a frequently humorous comedy and a touching love story. Murphy gives a fabulous performance in 7 different roles. His career really has been a case of highs and lows, and in my opinion this is one of the highs.
August 28, 2016
It has been 20 years since its first release. I must say the first one was quite a sensation and it was creative in its own way. It is funny.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Loved it very funny, Eddie does a brilliant job at multiple roles.
July 26, 2016
I mostly only remembered the dinner scene where Eddie plays just about everybody and it's good and all but this movie was never my favorite. It's kind of like Eddie's saturation point for me where it all started going downhill. Also featuring a less outspoken Jada Pinkman Smith.
½ July 14, 2016
One of Murphy's finest. So quotable and possibly his most memorable character.
July 12, 2016
For my money Eddie Murphy deserved an Academy Award nomination. Once again, comedy and great comedic acting is overlooked. Murphy funny, sad, touching, and dimensional as Klump and a tour de force playing the other roles. Larry Miller excellent in his smug portrayal of the school dean. Good stuff.
½ July 5, 2016
really bad, but still pretty funny, it's a mixed bag