The Nutty Professor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Nutty Professor Reviews

July 22, 2015
Pleasurably funny in a guilty sort of way. One of Eddie Murphy's best movies. Really underrated. This is one of the types of movies where after you watch it your like meh and off. Pretty forgettable. I enjoyed it
½ June 5, 2015
Not as classic as the original Jerry Lewis film, but Eddie Murphy is on top of his game.
½ April 30, 2015
Silly but charming, stereotyped but funny - The Nutty Professor might not be for everyone but I really enjoyed this excessive romantic comedy with Eddie Murphy playing multiple roles.
April 27, 2015
Give Eddie credit for reshaping this into something fresh and special.The Klumps are just side splittingly howling.
March 16, 2015
Funny, quotable 90's Eddie Murphy. Dave Chappelle makes a great cameo, too.
½ January 11, 2015
Some parts are absolutely hilarious (dinner table fart scene) but there are too many lulls in the film with no laughs. The makeup and costumes still hold up today, which is impressive. Eddie Murphy also deserves credit for his diverse roles.
December 16, 2014
It's both depressing and unhealthy to look at with unpleasantness despite having occasional chuckles and Murphy delivering a "Be Yourself"-type of message while wearing complex body suits and trying hard to be funny energetically to the point of failing to stir up the laughing box. (C+)

(Full review coming soon)
November 29, 2014
I really didn't expect to like this, I never saw any previous versions of this film and I'd gone off Eddy Murphy a long time ago. I was therefore pleasantly surprised. It is quite funny in places, I may even watch the sequel one day.
November 27, 2014
Humour's remake of the 1963 Jerry Lewis film. Murphy finds an immediate solution to his weight problem, but only on a temp basis.
November 24, 2014
Three Words Might-y-Fine
September 11, 2014
One of Eddie Murphy's Best and Funniest movies ever!
and my favorite Eddie Murphy movie of all time.
½ August 29, 2014
Is this a super funny movie?...not quite, but it IS funny and Eddie Murphy does not disappoint! I really enjoyed the Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde personalities between Professor Klump and Buddy Love...good stuff!
August 26, 2014
Eddie Murphy at his best. Sometimes annoying, but mainly a good job.
August 16, 2014
Fantastically funny and hilarious! Watch this funny movie, you won't regret it! Eddie Murphy plays all these characters and he is so funny!
July 21, 2014
brings the funny much more than 1963 original
½ July 15, 2014
better than the originalm, but still bland, but still good
July 14, 2014
Good Murphy movie! Ages 10+
½ June 15, 2014
It occasionally feels padded, but The Nutty Professor is an awfully funny marriage of one-liners and sight gags if you have the stomach (pardon the pun) for fat jokes.
½ June 12, 2014
Decent Eddie Murphy film C+
June 9, 2014
This is an unfunny, depraved, insulting comedy. I did not laugh once during the course of this shitfest. Eddie Murphy now sucks, and this movie is proof. 0/10