The Nutty Professor Reviews

• Oct 01, 2019

It's not terrible. It's what you expect out of a late 90's comedy that has Eddie Murphy in it.

• Sep 04, 2019

Pretty hysterical. It's good to watch and frightfully funny you can consider this high up there in comedy. Though the jokes about being overweight plays it for laughs kind of runs thin, it's about how losing weight can make you lose your mind in the entirety of it. It was a simple story, and they made it broad with wisecrack humor and I consider this one of Murphy's best. From beginning to end there's a smile on your face. The dinner table scene...best part of the movie. It's fun and a great time.

• Aug 20, 2019

Very funny film that as a central theme has accepting yourself, the film in general teaches us that it matters more what a person has inside than how it looks outwardly. The plot is very simple but also very effective and always manages to amuse, even if some parts are a bit obvious and you can understand the ending from the beginning of the film

• Mar 16, 2019

Amazing comedy movie with a darker plot. On the surface this may seem like a comedy escape for kids and family and you would partially be correct but I think that this displays themes of self acceptance and not using consumer fat burners. To start I think that the blue juice represents fat accelerators because they make him very skinny but they make him a testosterone filled egotistical jerk. The alter-ego is known as buddy love and pretty much is hell bet on destroying the personality of Sherman. Throughout the film you see that the T.V is constantly showing shows about loosing weight. I think this represents the side of his brain that want to exercise and loose weight. After some working out he goes on is date and is humiliated by a stand up comedian. This represents the side of his brain that is afraid of public embarrassment and his warped self image. After some stress eating he is struck with the idea of using the incomplete unsafe serum that was used on his pet hamster in the lab. This causes him to loose weight and be happy about himself. Sadly the serums effects don't last forever and he transforms into his original state. The testosterone filled Buddy Love want full control over Sherman and makes a calculation that he needs more of the serum to retain his skinny image. By having this many doses of the serum he is destroying Sherman. The real life example of this is people taking fat supplements instead of exercising and wanting to control their self image forcing them to take more supplements until them until they become so absorbed with the image that they want to look like they end up overdosing and dying. This is like in the final standoff between buddy and Sherman he has the intention of destroying the personality of Sherman. In the end Sherman prevails and all is OK. The real world example of this is people accepting who they are and naturally try to loose weight. Of course this is just a theory and my way of finding a deeper meaning within a nonsensical movie.

• Feb 02, 2019

The best comedy movie ever made!

The best comedy movie ever made!

• Oct 26, 2018

Yeah. it does get mean spirited, but I honestly found this to be one of the funniest films from Eddie Murphy

• Sep 14, 2018

Nothing compared to the sequel.

Nothing compared to the sequel.

• Feb 02, 2018

Coming nearly a decade after Murphy's last real hit, the stand-up Raw comes this family friendly comeback. Murphy plays endless characters to degrees of success and the film has its moments but neither great or bad, just okay.

• Oct 07, 2017

Very funny. I really like it and it has a lot of heart

Very funny. I really like it and it has a lot of heart

• Sep 20, 2017

this movie is freak-in hilarious and even emotional at times.

this movie is freak-in hilarious and even emotional at times.