Alaska - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Alaska Reviews

September 1, 2016
I liked this movie. A great family adventure. I loved Thora Birch in this movie. I would give it a score of 100%.
July 22, 2016
Two Thumbs Up Siskel And Ebert
September 6, 2015
A generic race against time type of family adventure. It still looks gorgeous, even though it's a lousy promotional tool for the state itself.
½ April 27, 2015
Generic TV script but the actors raise this touching,sweet story up.
February 28, 2015
enjoyable family movie about this Alaskan rescue adventure movie plus wonderful footage of the beauty of Alaska
January 29, 2015
Great Movie. Incredible Music. Wish a soundtrack (score) was released along with the film.
½ December 27, 2014
cheesy and unrealistic. I know it's for kids but it was a bit ridiculous. I also hated the fact they captured a baby polar bear and waved in its face the skin and head of its mother! not very nice for kids to see. the poachers were horrible but the ironic thing about the film is that the baby polar at some point probably had been captured and taken away from its mum to be tamed and trained for the film!
October 2, 2014
Alaska is the best touching Movie I have ever watched!!!! And not only is it a Story about Survival, it's also a story of Bravery and Courage and the meaning of family!!!!
August 17, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
½ April 19, 2014
The movie "Alaska" is alright. It's not horrible. But if a family member is lost in Alaska, which is one of the biggest states, would you go searching for them? In freezing weather, with polar bears? It's almost impossible to find that person. It was just a little hard to believe, that's all. The acting is alright. It's nothing too special to watch.
½ March 29, 2014
disturbing and OUTRAGEOUSLY DUMB... But somehow it manages to take me on some sort of journey, didn't really gain anything, but I guess It was like a walk in the Alaskan wilderness : Predictable, rugged and uncomfortable.
February 16, 2014
Alaska has always been my favorite movie, lets just say I am an Adventure addict!!!!
January 1, 2014
This is a fun family movie with young kids or teenagers. No sex, no swear words and wholesome plot. Great cinema photography. The critics hate these kinds of movies.

Dr. David Tacha
½ October 20, 2013
People, whatever is in this movie is not what Alaska's like. When I was six or seven, I remember seeing a documentary at the Orlando Science Center's Cinedome about Alaska's culture and landscape. I was more interested in that movie than I did about two kids and a polar bear cub rescuing their stranded dad up on the mountains. Do yourself a favor and watch a documentary or a video on YouTube about Alaska and avoid this movie! It's false advertising!
½ March 17, 2013
old but still good fun
December 7, 2012
Could be very detailed.
November 9, 2012
this sean barnes here he really looks like wil horneff and jessie as christina ricci
September 2, 2012
Amazing scenery worth it for that alone
½ August 26, 2012
Good family movie, which happens to be a special movie
for me.
½ August 24, 2012
A movie that deserves to be remade. This all-story-no-heart film has a great performance by Thora Birch and equally great setup and ideas that never take off due to undistinguished characters and lack of any real substance that isn't a plot device.