Freeway Reviews

• Oct 20, 2018

Reese is amazing with her energy, spunk and superb acting! Great plot! The movie immediately grabbed my attention and kept it there to the very last minute. Highly recommend this movie.

• Aug 15, 2018

this is one of the most twisted entertaining retelling of a classic fairy-tail i watched this when it first was released and laughed my ass of all the way through even thought the film deals with such real life shitty things. BEST LINE IN A FILM ...WHOS BEEN BEAT WITH THE UGLY STICK....LMAO

• Mar 22, 2018

one of my favorite movies

one of my favorite movies

• Aug 17, 2017

Exceptionally sleazy movie about an angry girl who refuses to bow down to the people she meets and to the poor outcomes that life gives her. This was Reese Witherspoon before she became Hollywood's girl next door actress. What a performance. One of my all time favorite movies.

• Jun 14, 2017

If you like black comedies and movies that are just weird as fuck, in a great way of course ;) This is it. Reese and Kiefer's acting skills are great and seeing these two in this setting is something else.. haha a sight to see that's for sure. So weird, dark twisted and fucking HILARIOUS. Freeway II very similar as well, just a bit more dark and not as comedic

• Apr 15, 2017

So funny I almost died of laughter!!!!!!!

So funny I almost died of laughter!!!!!!!

• Jul 25, 2016

Excellent performances from Reese Witherspoon and Kiefer Sutherland, but it never really gets incredibly interesting. But some of the black comedy works. When Kiefer is acting normal, him and Reese's conversations are great. Would have loved to just see the two of them together, on the way to Reese's grandmas. And I like how the direction, writing, and cinematography are done. It's kind of unique. And it feels very personal.

Sylvester K Super Reviewer
    Apr 19, 2016

This is arguably Witherspoon's best acting to date, it's very different to see her playing an anti-heroine. The story of Freeway is a twisted version of Little Red Riding Hood. I loved the tongue in cheek humour that made Freeway into a cult film. Definitely one of the definitive films of the 90s.

• Nov 29, 2015

This movie is HORRIBLE. Starts off with an interesting twist for Red Riding Hood, then delves into 1:42 of never getting that time back. This is such a bad movie. The acting is shoddy - which is surprising from Witherspoon and Sutherland. The protagonist, appears to be more of a sociopath than the antagonist. The rhyme or reason for anything happening makes absolutley zero sense. I am sure back in 1996 this would have been a great movie, but by today's standards it is utter garbage.

• Jul 12, 2015

It's so wrong in all the right ways.

It's so wrong in all the right ways.