Harriet the Spy Reviews

• Jul 23, 2019

Harriet the Spy has good life lessons and rises on the strength of the performances of the two leads. Also, I'm guessing it's faithful to the book I've never read because that's what other reviews praise this movie for. So, good job for your source material fidelity. Yet, the movie can't help but feel rather mean-spirited at times, playing out as more of a family-friendly Carrie. I just wanted to hug poor Harriet at times. It also brings nothing new to the table since it has all the family movie tropes and cliches you've come to expect from these types of films. I'm sure children will like it but the first Nickelodeon Movie just didn't do anything for me.

• Feb 10, 2019

Looking back at Harriet the Spy we see a film that is not scared of dissecting the emotional tribulations of childhood friendships and how much they teach you. Visually engaging and well rounded characters.

• Apr 23, 2018

Harriet the spy is a wonderful family friendly comedy that perfectly compiles every aspect of the 90's in a kids film. The film does well in discussing topics of bullying, and what it means to be yourself and follow your dreams. The characters are likable and interesting, and the adaption from the novel is very well done. I feel this film is highly under appreciated.

• Feb 01, 2018

So I only saw it one time a long time ago and I thought it was cool that she likes to Spy

• Oct 23, 2017

Such a long time ago I saw it was not a fan of it

Such a long time ago I saw it was not a fan of it

• May 03, 2017

One of my favorite movies as a kid, and I'm surprised I still liked it!

One of my favorite movies as a kid, and I'm surprised I still liked it!

• Aug 07, 2016

This is another movie that really inspired me when I was younger. Many people can relate to Harriet's problems in this movie, or have wanted to be spies like her at some point in their childhood. This is a good movie. Also, this movie is based on a great children's book.

• Aug 05, 2016

Great book, not great movie.

Great book, not great movie.

• Jun 15, 2016

hughiebrophy yes dad broom yes

hughiebrophy yes dad broom yes

• Feb 26, 2016

Okay bot not really nice to spy on your friends.

Okay bot not really nice to spy on your friends.