101 Dalmatians Reviews

• Aug 09, 2019

Aside from some AMAZING performances by Glen Close, Huge Laurie and Mark Williams The Remake of 101 DALMATIONS is pretty bland and boring Not as good as the original which is of my CHILDHOOD FAVORITES You have the high concept of 101 DALMATIONS updated for the modern age which at the time was the 90's mixed with a side of HOME ALONE This is a good concept but aside from some slapstick comedy it's not executed very well.

• Jul 26, 2019

Ah! A live-action remake from Disney before 2010! And the dogs don't talk! With a script from John Hughes?! Okay, okay, the movie's not that bad. It's a bit bland and cheesy but I still think Tim Burton's Dumbo is the weakest of the live-action remakes. Amusingly, this can't be considered part of the lineup due to coming out before Maleficent and the 2010 Alice in Wonderland movie. Glenn Close owns this movie. Her hammy performance as Cruella De Vil is the one reason, other than the adorable puppies of course, to watch this movie. The other characters are a bit more generic and dull by comparison. The movie's also a bit too silly and updated. However, it's still a cute movie that could've benefitted from better execution. Glenn Close still steals the show, though.

• Jun 10, 2019

I honestly think that this movie is one of the greatest movies of the 20th century. The plots and events are well displayed and shot. Glenn's performance is phenomenal and spectacular at this movie, she's been so loyal to her character "Cruella de Vil". She made her so live and full of ambition to take what she wants. The script is really great; each sentence that has been said made us understand more about each personality that's inside the movie. The motive of each character is understood. The cinematography is really great

• Jun 09, 2019

The beginning of the 101 Dalmatians is promising as it's charming and very strong, but afterwards the movie quickly crumbled and became annoyingly action-oriented, unsophisticated and simply bland and unadventurous. The dogs themselves are underutilized, but at least it's worth watching for Glenn Close who is absolutely delightful in the role of Cruella.

• Dec 31, 2018

Pretty well done with the animals, but certainly not as engaging or memorable as the original animated classic. The symbolic gestures from the animals were clever enough, but didn't feel as it probably should have. The human actors were pretty decent. A bit corny at times, but an okay real-life adaptation.

• Jun 30, 2018

101 Dalmatians was one of the worst remakes I have ever seen. The original was so much better. This one has cringy gags and disappointingly bad acting from actors that are respected worldwide. Stick to the original.

• Jun 05, 2018

Good remake it was a good one to watch

Good remake it was a good one to watch

• Apr 10, 2018

I don't remember anything about the 101 Dalmatians Live-Action remake.

I don't remember anything about the 101 Dalmatians Live-Action remake.

• Mar 12, 2018

Ok, this movie is not exactly going to win an Oscar, but it was a fun and cute little ride. The acting from everyone, most notably Glenn Close, is pretty good, even if the writing isn't always so on point. For instance, the couple, Anita and Roger, get married unbelievably fast, even by Disney standards. The CGI is awful, but it's thankfully not used very much. The dogs are adorable and their trainers did a really good job with them. I'd say this movie is pretty filled with Disney charm, but it's not going to change your life in any way, shape, or form.

• Jan 28, 2018

Glenn Close did a great job playing Carella Deville she was funny she had me laughing when I saw this movie Come to think of it it’s a good remake of the original movie