One Fine Day (1996)
Average Rating: 5.8/10
Reviews Counted: 30
Fresh: 14 | Rotten: 16
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 6.1/10
Critic Reviews: 7
Fresh: 2 | Rotten: 5
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: 3.1/5
User Ratings: 50,078
Even without money problems, many divorced single parents have a hard row to hoe. At the drop of a hat, a competent, responsible professional person can be reduced to a frazzled, bumbling parent, when his or her children become unexpected daytime wards. This is what happens to Jack Taylor (George Clooney) when his ex-wife suddenly decides to elope, leaving their daughter with him. Unhappily for him, his reporting job demands one-hundred-percent commitment as he attempts to link corruption with
Dec 20, 1996 Wide
Jan 8, 2002
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Alex D. Linz
Jon Robin Baitz
Anna Maria Horsford
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
Privilege and coincidence have always been central to screwball comedy, but the speed of crosstown travel here rivals Die Hard 3 for plausibility.
Remarkable chemistry between the impossibly glamorous pair of Pfeiffer and Clooney.
Excellent romantic comedy. Exciting story of adults trying to succeed in careers with the drawbacks of children.
Silky smooth romantic comedy, with Pfieffer and Clooney at their most charming.
Cute and relatively inoffensive.
Audience Reviews for One Fine Day
Movies Like One Fine Day
- Jack Taylor: My attitude is derived from your attitude.
- Melanie Parker: "Derived", you must be a writer.
- Jack Taylor: You are like Roy Scheider at the end of jaws, the moment I open the mouth you are gonna drop a bomb.
- Jack Taylor: I just wanna find a fish who isn't afraid of my dark chocolate layer... and of course she'd have to love my cookie too.
- Melanie Parker: Men like you have made me the woman I am.
- Jack Taylor: All the women I know like you have made me think all the women are like you.
- Melanie Parker: If you don't want your balls juggled, don't throw them in my face.
- Maggie Taylor: I wonder what they're doing?
Discuss One Fine Day on our Movie forum!