That Darn Cat - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

That Darn Cat Reviews

June 16, 2014
A speedbump in Doug E. Doug's otherwise illustrious career.
April 23, 2014
Any magic and heart that was in the original is diminished in the remake. Don't even bother seeing it, even if you like the 1965 version. this movie is clichéd, poorly written, and horribly acted.
February 16, 2014
A surprisingly enjoyable remake. Doug E. Doug is funny in the role of Zeke Kelso (the character Dean Jones played in the original). It's a wild treat! (First viewing - Childhood)
January 24, 2014
Sounds extremely stupid, looks extremely stupid... based on what I know so far, IS extremely stupid!
August 17, 2013
Great Detective DC is!
April 7, 2013
If you're a parent and see this is a video online or cable rent it for your little kids, they'll like it.
December 23, 2012
That Darn Cat is just worthless. It hardly has anything to do WITH the title character is just isn't as entertaining as the original.
December 7, 2012
Would like to see sometime!
½ November 21, 2012
it was ok but I don't think I'll watch this movie ever , I didn't think it was a good movie I expected better from Christina Ricci, I just expected better from this movie, I didn't like this movie expected better
½ November 11, 2012
Awful family film that has no point whatsoever, this is a film that really doesn't offer anything to the viewer aside from a bad plot, poor acting and stupid jokes. There's nothing really to enjoy here, except for a bad cast that aren't memorable and are more tiresome than funny. This is among Disney's worst live action features, and it doesn't deliver anything worthwhile to the viewer. As a whole, this film fails as a family film, and you'd it be a fun, entertaining film. Unfortunately, this film really doesn't have any redeeming factors about it and it just fails to be memorable, or absolutely entertaining. Live Disney films tended to be hit and miss, and That Darn Cat missed the mark big time. This is a remake of a classic film, and like most remakes, it fails to be as fun as the original. The film's cast is horrible in their performances and the film's plot misfires big time and it really doesn't have anything to be entertaining for the viewer. This film fails and as all remakes before and after it, is forgettable. The direction is pretty poor as well, and is unfocused and only contributes to the downfall of this 1995 of the Disney classic. I remember as a kid I hated this film because I felt it was a stupid film that had pretty bad on-screen gags and bad story development. That Darn Cat remake is a film that should be avoided if you're looking for a well constructed family film that will appeal to the entire family. This remake could have been so much better, but due to a poor script, poor cast, and poor directing, it fails before the film's end. Avoid this if you're looking for a memorable family film with plenty of laughs, as this one won't offer anything for the viewer.
September 26, 2012
You're not a cat person, are you?
½ September 12, 2012
such a predictable movie. there is childish action and laughs, few laughs at that, and enough quirky moments that will send shivers up the spine of any sensible person. not very interesting, i have to say.
July 29, 2012
With the 'charm' by a young Christina Ricci and the star of Cool Runnings, one of Disney's best pictures, Doug E. Doug, That Darn Cat become an awful and a shame to Disney studios.
½ June 17, 2012
the orignal was better
May 1, 2012
Christina Ricca!!!
Not too tedious. Fun actually.
½ February 13, 2012
bit of poorly made movie although i think they spent all the money on the end chasing around scene. Christina ricci is still great even in this film.
February 12, 2012
Easy to watch Sunday afternoon viewing. Late nineties Remake of Disney classic
January 31, 2012
This is so funny If you haven't seen it I would recommend seeing it
January 21, 2012
I'd rather see the 1965 version. Doug E. Doug? Really?
½ August 14, 2011
the old one not this one