The War at Home Reviews

• Nov 19, 2015

I dont understand what is wrong with people - this was an amazing film ... I would give it 5 full stars but the sight would allow it! Love you Emilio!

• Dec 30, 2013

This is exactly why I love drama. It's powerful and emotional. Emilio Estevez and the entire cast were great in this story about a dysfunctional family adjusting their own son, who is a traumatized Vietnam veteran, coming home. I was left feeling heartbroken at the end and I loved it!

• Dec 30, 2013

• Nov 30, 2012

A well written film that has many moments of great acting with a few moments of really awkward acting.

• Jul 16, 2012

released in 1996,watched it in 2012! n loved it

released in 1996,watched it in 2012! n loved it

• Mar 06, 2012

There's a line in the film - 'I just can't imagine you doing that,' directed toward the main character, that pretty much sums it up. Kathy Bates was good, as usual, and the surprise was Martin Sheen, who was solid - but Emilio Estevez as a war vet? That's like Emilio Estevez playing Billy The Kid. It happened, but should it have?

• Mar 02, 2011

A really good cast, but the story was too depressing to enjoy.

A really good cast, but the story was too depressing to enjoy.

• Apr 27, 2010

Really good drama. Very heart-breaking, very emotional...and very good acting by all the stars. Thought it was interesting that Emilio cast his real father in this role though...doesn't say much there.

• Feb 14, 2010

Fiercely emotional! The acting is remarkable and makes the movie feel very real. I would recommend this masterful psychological drama. (First and only viewing - 9/3/2008)

• Jul 31, 2009

A Great Peace of Drama / Dark Comedy Mixture it shows at the one Hand who sick & twisted are Upper Middle Class Familys under the fitted Cloak of Wealth and Peace, that many Patriarchs like Fascist Dictators and how egoistic a Man can be he send his own Son into Hell just to not blame himself and when it gives Trouble he kick him away like a Dog the Mother cover her Sadness under a Cloak of fitted Happyness just the Sister stands beside him a little great Performances of the Actors ecspassily Martin Sheen and Emilio Estevez who is also a good Writer and Director