McHale's Navy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

McHale's Navy Reviews

July 7, 2016
This was always one of my favorite movies as a kid. Great family movie with lots of laughs
December 29, 2015
Comedia fraca e intediante
August 8, 2015
Wacky and irresistible.
½ May 10, 2015
When a comedy is this bad an hour and a half feels like forever.
October 3, 2014
If you want a good time, and see a man find his whistle, then this is the movie for you!
½ August 16, 2014
(First and only full viewing - In my early twenties)
July 7, 2014
A campy, dumb mess, McHale's Navy is yet another failed attempt to bring a '60s television show to the big screen. When the world's second greatest terrorist sets up a base on a remote Caribbean island the US Navy recalls retired Lieutenant Commander Quinton McHale and has him put together a special ops team to investigate. The cast is packed with great comedic talent, including Tom Arnold, Dean Stockwell, Debra Messing, Tim Curry, and Bruce Campbell, but the performances are universally awful. The writing is also quite terrible; as all the jokes fall flat and the plot is incredible convoluted. McHale's Navy is an out-of-control goofball comedy that doesn't know when to let up.
April 1, 2014
I saw the movie McHale's Navy when it was in theaters, and it was great date movie fun.
½ March 1, 2014
Amusing. Not overly familiar with the original series. Close to slapstick.
June 16, 2013
Really? Who honestly let this movie be made? A pathetic comedy movie that fails to make you laugh. The cast does a bad job and the script is really bad. This whole movie is terrible.
Grade: F
June 15, 2013
Did any of these critics get the fact that the movie is NOT a recreation of the show, but fast forward 35 YEARS into the future and that Tom Arnold's part is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE THE OLD MCHALE. We loved the characters. It was a silly COMEDY in line with Captain Ron, Overboard, Adams Family, etc. Again, not a recreation of the old show. DUH.
½ March 25, 2013
I thought it was funny
½ February 13, 2013
This is a pointless exercise, lacking laughs, tension, pathos, rudeness or any possible worth.
January 22, 2013
Fun time. Tim Curry is marvelous!
January 20, 2013
Of course it wasn't as funny as the series, but I found some fun spots in movie! It wasn't the "boat that sank" description that everyone is giving it. Not by a long shot.
November 3, 2012
Mediocre throughout... Not bad, not good. Tom Arnold is no McHale, but his supporting players offer a couple laughs.
½ October 26, 2012
I've always thought this was underrated as a film, it's a nice little comedy adventure
October 3, 2012
seen it before, funny as hell - need a re-watch.
½ August 23, 2012
I'd seen this last night and it had no connection the the original show except the character mchale, played by cruddy Tom Arnold