Long de chuan ren (Legend of the Dragon) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Long de chuan ren (Legend of the Dragon) Reviews

½ July 13, 2014
One of about 7 films he starred in during 1990.A few great scenes and not a bad story, it's just not that funny. It's honestly a God of Gamblers clone with snooker instead. It would be another half dozen movies later in only one year's time until his first super funny flick "Magnificent Scoundrels", though I am fond of All For The Winner and God of Gamblers II from 1990 which were his star-making roles only months on either side of this one.

This one isn't half bad, but not really note-worthy except that the story is a lot like a primitive version of Shaolin Soccer - the 2001 masterpiece.
January 21, 2013
Very amusing as always and the snooker rival is amazing
March 14, 2012
Wednesday, March 14, 2012

(1990) Legend of the Dragon
(In Chinese with English subtitles)
COMEDY

Upon this review, I got it from a Chinese friend of mine who had a pre-recorded version and as soon as I saw it, I started to notice that my version was a little shortened, but was still able to make out most of what was happening. Movie stars the 'King of Comedies of Hong Kong', Stephen Chow as Bruce Lee's stunt double protege of real life martial artist stunt double of some Bruce Lee movies by the name of Yuen Wah(who's often cast as a villian) sending his best student to raise money to save some property. He inadvertingly becomes a professional pool hustler and enters a professional tournament. Some of the most memorable highlights include, the eating scene, the short fight scene that involves an umbrella and the end credits showing behind the scenes where Chow was actually trained with real life pool table professionals to doing tricks!

Strong
3 out of 4
February 16, 2012
Bad film of Stephen Chow's film
½ January 3, 2012
Simple, but pleasant comedy pitting countryside agaimst big corrupt HK. Stephen Chow's team as always grants laugh, if smaller than usual. Karen Mok great as usual.
April 24, 2010
pretty hilarious, with some asskicking on the side
May 25, 2009
We only learn the true friends through actions and not by sms or through calls.When i rated my few friends i only came to know that sambaza was the only hot interested game in the jugle of wise.I am lonely so advice me.
½ September 23, 2008
It was quite funny and I loved all the tricks that were made by Johnny White!!!
½ March 2, 2008
one of my favourite but yet to own this movie... its very rare to have movie that based on snooker and its pretty interesting. the skill they show here is cool and they even invited johnny white!!!
January 2, 2008
Stephen Chow is hot (even though he is already old), but I'm not interested on watching this anyways and i dunno why.. sorry
September 21, 2007
my all-time favorite Mr.Chow
½ September 13, 2007
Stephen Chow in the early 90s, what do you expect. A pretty cool movie provided your expectations are low.
½ September 10, 2007
I remember seeing this one as a kid and loving it. But like all his movies, I'll probably have to watch it again to appreciate the adult humour.
½ July 20, 2007
Hilarious and some pretty cool snooker action.
July 17, 2007
Very funny in places, with snooker legend Jimmy white making a cameo performance.
½ June 19, 2007
movie for someone who love snooker, lots of trick shots, got jimmy white in it as well :)
June 11, 2007
great watch for a stephen chow fan
May 22, 2007
Stephen Chow... If you know Cantonese... this movie is very very funny...
½ May 17, 2007
I watched this just to see Jimmy White do that mad swerve.