Batman & Robin - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Batman & Robin Reviews

½ March 13, 2017
This is easily the straight up worst movie I have ever seen. The script is nutty, the acting is atrocious, the effects are bogus, and the movie is just a total mess. One to skip.
March 11, 2017
Batman and Robin is one of the biggest disappointments ever to make it to the big screen, however, it isn't as bad as everybody makes it out to be.

To begin the sets, costuming, and effects look great and colorful just like Batman Forever except unlike that movie which was Ok and had Jim Carrey to hide the flaws, this movie is just bad! The characters Motives are all twisted and poorly written, for example, Poison Ivy comes into wreak havoc but really has no clear motive to do what she does. Now the fatal flaw of this movie is clearly the over the top performances from Schwarzenegger and Uma Thurman and the under the bridge performances from Clooney and Alicia Silverstone.

The movie was not taken seriously not only by the cast but by the whole crew and even Warner Brothers themselves! You see after Burtons Batman Returns which was one of the darkest Burton film ever made, Warners asked Joel Schumacher to tone it down so they could sell toys. Now that's fine to tone it down a bit like they did in Forever but this just went way too far. Many people compare this to the 60s show and frankly, I couldn't disagree more.

The 60s Batman show was based on the comic books of the time, which at the time were zany do to censorship. Plus not only was that a whole lot less expensive than this junk but it also was way more respectful to the characters, as Batman appeared more in one episode than he did in this whole movie. This movie coming after the Classic 1989 Batman had no excuse to be this zany and to compare this to the Adam West Batman show is utter blasphemy.

Anyway bitching aside, This movie clearly not a good movie but to call it the worst movie ever made isn't really fair to say as there are a few good aspects to this film.
so I give it a fair 2/5 stars.
½ March 10, 2017
It doesn't do anything right, but it is not boring, at least.
March 7, 2017
Inarguably the greatest batman movie
½ March 3, 2017
What the heck it's this piece of crap and those punishment to superhero of batman forever
March 2, 2017
One of the worst movies ever. It is one of only maybe 3 or 4 films I've walked out on before it was done. Horrible directing, writing and acting just bring this film down so low to where I don't know if young children could enjoy this movie. The only glimmer of hope in this film was Clooney as Bruce Wayne and his relationship with Alfred, in a better movie I think Clooney might have been a halfway decent Batman/Bruce Wayne. After Nolan saved Batman on screen I can actually watch this film and get a chuckle out of it, but other than that a pretty useless and almost unwatchable film.
March 2, 2017
It's a pretty film to look at and the actors seem to be having a blast. I wouldn't say it's that bad at all.
½ February 24, 2017
Man, was this one a drag.
½ February 24, 2017
Commercialism at its worst. Clooney phones it in as Batman and there a few good genuine scenes. Some colorful visuals and fun camp at times.
½ February 12, 2017
I don't know why this film pertains an existence.
February 12, 2017
Man, it is hard to talk about this film without laughing. Yes, it is that bad. Everything in this movie is a massive failure, from the sets to the script. Uma Thurman's Poison Ivy is okay, and Arnold Schwarzenegger's Mr. Freeze is horrible, but for some reason, the writers threw Bane into this shit-show too. He's not methodical and smart, like in the comics. He just follows around Ivy and does whatever she asks. Robin is a whiny little shit, and Batgirl is horribly acted by Alicia Silverstone. At least the costumes are pretty cool.
½ February 3, 2017
This movie is my #1 guilty pleasure. Yes, the bat nipples and bat buttocks are silly. What I did like about this movie was the cast and their acting. George Clooney was not that bad as Batman, but could of been better. Chris O'Donnell was decent as Robin, Arnold Schwarzenegger was pretty solid as Mr. Freeze, Uma Thurman was wonderful as Poison Ivy and Alica Silverstone was great as Batgirl (even though she first appeared at the last 30 or 35 minutes of the movie). And I will be honest, the story was not bad. I can pretty much say that this is movie is just as watchable as Batman Forever.
½ January 21, 2017
While BATMAN and Robin has a truly awful BATMAN, it's high tech, as well as the charisma of Arnold Schwarzenegger truly saves the film to some degree.
½ January 8, 2017
What did you expect?
½ December 28, 2016
This is one of the saddest things I have ever seen. I was 11 when I watched this and I still knew this was a TOTAL mess. Batman is not about corny puns. If you want to see that go watch Adam West's version. Arnold Schwarzenegger's appearance of Mr.Freeze was full of ice puns. However,Mr.Freeze is a dark superhero who should be taken seriously. They also have to make him seem like an anti-hero. I won't even talk about George Clooney as Batman. And the bat suit (bat nipples). Uma Thurman was easily the best thing in this film. Compared to everybody else her performance was oscar-worthy.(not really) Their Bane was too much of a minor character. Taking orders from people half his size is not what he does. The whole thing was a mess. Especially the corny script. Thank god that was Shumacher's last Batman film!
December 20, 2016
Had a unconfortable feel to it, with the odd characters and HORRIBLE acting.
½ December 19, 2016
Bankruptcy film for a successful saga of one of the most famous people in the world. Not why Schumacher apologizes for ruining the franchiasing started by the master Tim Burton, talking to the public believing them entertained between beats, idiotic scenes and the so-called Bat-nipples
December 17, 2016
It's really bad I mean very bad but at least it's not......unwatchable
½ December 14, 2016
Batman and Robin is a movie you need to see to believe. You know how bad movies have that one moment that solidifies the cinematic pain that movie represents? Batman and Robin has a moment like that every 2 minutes and you really just need to see it. At best Batman and Robin can at least be enjoyed in a drunken "so bad it's good" attitude.
December 2, 2016
by far worst in the series