Out to Sea - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Out to Sea Reviews

½ August 7, 2016
It is always nice to see Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon together on screen. Out to sea is very enjoyable romantic comedy with lots of punchlines. A good watch !
August 6, 2016
this movie is hilarious!
½ May 10, 2015
Wish it were better but the last offering from this comedy team still is better than most....just not even close to there best.
February 17, 2015
Grumpy Old Men go on a cruise.
November 8, 2014
Along with Grumpy Old Men and its sequel, Out To Sea delivers a pair of hilariously solid performances by Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau in this genuinely funny romantic comedy.
½ July 18, 2014
A funny movie - but a little corny. of course, when I am in my 60's and I'm looking to mack on a rich elderly lady, I might appreciate this movie more. Jack and Walter are funny although this is an obvious capitalization off the "Grumpy Old Man" franchise - yet - we don't care because we love them. Added bonuses Donald O'Connor, Hal Linden, and that actress named Rue who played the vixen on the Golden Girls. I'm too drunk to remember how to spell her name. There's this awesome scene where this 70+ year-old Elaine Stritch blows the sh*t off the dance floor in some tap shoes.
½ January 3, 2014
It's kind of like Grumpy Old Men on a cruise ship with some dancing. These two were very likable guys and it's good to see them in another old people are funny buddy movie that I'd never seen before. This movie however isn't that great though there are a few laughs to be found. RIP fellas.
December 6, 2013
My Favorite Comedy Film Is 1933's Duck Soup.
August 2, 2013
A pair of elder gamblers and con artists go on a cruise to look for rich ladies. Everything about this film is a pretty lazy and poor excuse to bring the great on screen pairing of Matthau and Lemmon together again.
½ July 7, 2013
Everything that worked in The Odd Couple, Grumpy Old Men and My Fellow Americans bombs here. Even the immortal charm of Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau cannot save this titanic mess from circling endlessly in a cinematic commode. I would rather spend a few days on the Carnival Triumph with limited electricity and backed-up toilets than sit through this again.
February 8, 2013
Harmless old fashioned fun in a love-boat-style-cruise-ship. Nothing spectacular, if you do not count Dyan Cannon's curves.....
½ January 22, 2013
Not too funny guys... But Data from Star Trek TNG is pretty awesome.
½ October 31, 2012
Lemmon and Matthau's chemistry doesn't translate to everything, and here's proof.
½ October 18, 2012
I don't get how anyone could rate this badly. It's funny, it's witty, it's romantic, it's dramatic, it's Lemmon and Matthau. Can't get better than that
October 14, 2012
Want a free cruise so we can pick up rich women, well we have to pretend to be dance instuctors. That is what I imagine the script said, since that is the whole plot of this movie.
September 26, 2012
A good fart will give you a concusion.
September 3, 2012
Probably the only worst movie of the duo .
½ August 7, 2012
Jack Lemmon on aina hauska, mutta tämä elokuva ei iskenyt. Keskeytin tosin katsomisen ensimmäisen mainoskatkojen jälkeen, joten en osaa sanoa olisko siellä loppuelokuvassa tapahtunut jotain tosi hienoa, mutta katsoin loppukohtauksen eikä sekään iskenyt joten olkoot näkemättä.
½ July 11, 2012