Jack Frost - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jack Frost Reviews

½ December 22, 2014
Well I'll give them props for coming up with interesting powers and abilities for the snowman. But other than that.........yeah it's pretty bad.
½ December 20, 2014
I remember enjoying this as a kid when it came out, and I can still see why I did. It was (and still is) so bad it's good. Well, sort of. Back in the 90s when I first saw this I thought it was the dumbest, most absurd horror movie idea I had heard of. Now older and wiser I know that there are many dumb and absurd horror movies out there, but Jack Frost still has its charms. It plays for comedy and it is pretty funny at times, though the hilarity comes from bad dialogue, acting, or cheap effects (the low budget car crash being particularly funny).

Even with it being a relatively quick watch that flies by, the movie doesn't offer much and it does wear out its welcome pretty fast. Jack Frost quickly becomes an annoying version of Chucky towards the end. I can only recommend this movie for one thing and that's to see Shannon Elizabeth (pre-American Pie) getting raped by a snowman. That sounds so terrible, and it is, but it's one of those few cinematic moments that come along once in a lifetime. It has to be seen to be believed. Other than that one scene you'll probably forget the rest of the movie (like I did).
½ December 16, 2014
While this is an older film and slightly low budget, I thoroughly enjoyed it from a horror/comedy standpoint.
December 4, 2014
Churchill Crescent, South Molton, EX36 4EL
November 25, 2014
Jack was never one to miss a party.

A ruthless serial killer named Jack Frost is scheduled to be executed. An unfortunate experiment gone wrong causes the serial killer's soul to take liquid form and bond with snow, creating killer snowman Jack Frost. A small town with a dipshit sheriff is invaded by Jack Frost where people start turning up missing. Can the dipshit sheriff figure out how to stop this ferocious beast?

"Conventional weapons will be useless against him."

Michael Cooney, director of Jack Frost 2: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman and episodes of the television series Center Stage, delivers Jack Frost. The storyline for this picture is terrible as is the acting and dialogue. The quality of the film actually reminded me a little of Sharknado. This felt like a movie made by someone and his friends.

"I only axed you for a smoke."

I grabbed this off Netflix because I remembered when this came out and couldn't believe such a horrible movie concept was picked up and produced by a movie studio. Unfortunately, it was. This movie doesn't have much going for it, even the witty lines weren't entertaining. Overall, I recommend skipping this film, even if you're a fan of the horror genre.

"Deep fried Jack served at midnight."

Grade: F
October 20, 2014
A killer snowman? It would have worked if it was done right. Do not let the movie cover fool you, Jack Frost looks like an 8-foot tall stuffed animal snowman and nothing like a creepy killer snowman with sharp teeth. A couple of the kill scenes are good, but that is it. At least make the killer snowman look like a killer snowman.
October 15, 2014
very corny but hilarious.
October 13, 2014
You think with a title and concept of a killer snowman, Jack Frost would be wicked fun? I was bored with this film and surprised it was not exploitative as one figures. Bad writing and attempts to bring humor in this b film is a meltdown.
September 28, 2014
Few movies that try too hard to earn their place on the list of campy cult classics with true staying power are successful, especially low-budget ones that bypass a theatrical release. "Jack Frost," however, comes closer than a lot of other films in recent memory.

It's too sluggish and amateurish to be entirely successful, but it is mildly entertaining with some decent special effects that definitely set it apart from a dozen projects just like it. It doesn't make you believe a snowman can fly any better than the ill-fated Michael Keaton movie of the same name, but it is better than that horrible family film that followed a year later.

The murders are inventive, and it's got more corny one-liners than a half dozen Arnold Schwarzenegger pictures, and some of them are actually funny. The silly jokes even continue on during the credits so stick around for them. Unfortunately, even with all of the positive aspects that I did like about it, this is still a B-movie that never comes close to competing with most of its big-budgeted peers.

The production values are shoddy, and the pacing is off as it drags a lot in the first half. The tone is just right, as it never takes itself too seriously, but the direction from first-timer Michael Cooney is clunky and amateurish. Scott MacDonald has a lot of fun in the title role, and he's actually more effective in human form before the accident (which was oddly reminiscent of those old Reese's Peanut Butter Cup commercials).

The rest of the cast fails to impress, but as a film, "Jack Frost" will be remembered longer than most. It's silly fun but ultimately not ambitious enough to succeed.
September 25, 2014
An entertaining B-movie, even if it tries too hard to be one at times.
½ September 19, 2014
The film is fun early 90s schlock fest. I remember it fondly from my childhood but on a rewatch i had a little bit of trouble with the very distasteful rape scene. While the film has some really fun moments that scene just brings the fun down.
June 17, 2014
This is with out a doubt THE WORSE Film I have EVER SEEN. it's films like these that give horror films a bad name. The film is so ludicrous it's not even funny. I mean...what human thinks up the idea of raping a woman with a snowman who uses a carrot as his penis... WTF
May 18, 2014
When a snowman rapes one of his victims you can't help that every crude thing has been done on film. It's not shocking but weird in a dark funny way. Of course, we are talking about a film that's about a killer snowman who was formally a killer who ends up in a freak accident. It's got some funny moments in it as it is a dark comedy and has some great one liners but that's really it, it is afteral a cheap horror film but even on a low budget it still looks awful and the special effects are dire, with rubbish acting and a poor, weak script. Still, it doesn't stop you from being curious as the concept is bizzare and worth looking just to believe it. Amazingly, this spawned a sequel, I might have to check it out. This film though, you'll know what your getting yourself into after the first five minutes.
March 3, 2014
I thought it was pretty funny, especially when he said ''Well it ain't fuckin' frostie!''. But I can agree with the fact that the snowman itself was very poorly made, it was just a cheap snowman puppet xD
February 4, 2014
Whether or not the dark-witted awfulness of the movie is intentional is up for debate. The fact remains it's awful.
½ December 28, 2013
Beyond words. A must-see for any comedy-horror fan.
December 26, 2013
The heartwarming story of a homicidal maniac who turns into a snowman, who menaces a small rural community. If you know what you're getting into, it is a wonderful example of horror movie camp.
December 24, 2013
It's been so long since I've actually sat down to watch this movie. Seriously has to be the cheesiest Christmas/Horror movie I've ever seen.
½ December 22, 2013
More fun than it should be. A sick, tongue-firmly-in-cheek horror comedy from the mid-90s. Bad snow-based puns, check. Inventive kills, check. Bad taste, check. Puppet snowman, check. Catch this in the right mood, and you'll have fun.