Jack Frost - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jack Frost Reviews

October 20, 2014
A killer snowman? It would have worked if it was done right. Do not let the movie cover fool you, Jack Frost looks like an 8-foot tall stuffed animal snowman and nothing like a creepy killer snowman with sharp teeth. A couple of the kill scenes are good, but that is it. At least make the killer snowman look like a killer snowman.
October 15, 2014
very corny but hilarious.
October 13, 2014
You think with a title and concept of a killer snowman, Jack Frost would be wicked fun? I was bored with this film and surprised it was not exploitative as one figures. Bad writing and attempts to bring humor in this b film is a meltdown.
September 28, 2014
Few movies that try too hard to earn their place on the list of campy cult classics with true staying power are successful, especially low-budget ones that bypass a theatrical release. "Jack Frost," however, comes closer than a lot of other films in recent memory.

It's too sluggish and amateurish to be entirely successful, but it is mildly entertaining with some decent special effects that definitely set it apart from a dozen projects just like it. It doesn't make you believe a snowman can fly any better than the ill-fated Michael Keaton movie of the same name, but it is better than that horrible family film that followed a year later.

The murders are inventive, and it's got more corny one-liners than a half dozen Arnold Schwarzenegger pictures, and some of them are actually funny. The silly jokes even continue on during the credits so stick around for them. Unfortunately, even with all of the positive aspects that I did like about it, this is still a B-movie that never comes close to competing with most of its big-budgeted peers.

The production values are shoddy, and the pacing is off as it drags a lot in the first half. The tone is just right, as it never takes itself too seriously, but the direction from first-timer Michael Cooney is clunky and amateurish. Scott MacDonald has a lot of fun in the title role, and he's actually more effective in human form before the accident (which was oddly reminiscent of those old Reese's Peanut Butter Cup commercials).

The rest of the cast fails to impress, but as a film, "Jack Frost" will be remembered longer than most. It's silly fun but ultimately not ambitious enough to succeed.
September 25, 2014
An entertaining B-movie, even if it tries too hard to be one at times.
½ September 19, 2014
The film is fun early 90s schlock fest. I remember it fondly from my childhood but on a rewatch i had a little bit of trouble with the very distasteful rape scene. While the film has some really fun moments that scene just brings the fun down.
June 17, 2014
This is with out a doubt THE WORSE Film I have EVER SEEN. it's films like these that give horror films a bad name. The film is so ludicrous it's not even funny. I mean...what human thinks up the idea of raping a woman with a snowman who uses a carrot as his penis... WTF
May 18, 2014
When a snowman rapes one of his victims you can't help that every crude thing has been done on film. It's not shocking but weird in a dark funny way. Of course, we are talking about a film that's about a killer snowman who was formally a killer who ends up in a freak accident. It's got some funny moments in it as it is a dark comedy and has some great one liners but that's really it, it is afteral a cheap horror film but even on a low budget it still looks awful and the special effects are dire, with rubbish acting and a poor, weak script. Still, it doesn't stop you from being curious as the concept is bizzare and worth looking just to believe it. Amazingly, this spawned a sequel, I might have to check it out. This film though, you'll know what your getting yourself into after the first five minutes.
March 3, 2014
I thought it was pretty funny, especially when he said ''Well it ain't fuckin' frostie!''. But I can agree with the fact that the snowman itself was very poorly made, it was just a cheap snowman puppet xD
February 4, 2014
Whether or not the dark-witted awfulness of the movie is intentional is up for debate. The fact remains it's awful.
½ December 28, 2013
Beyond words. A must-see for any comedy-horror fan.
December 26, 2013
The heartwarming story of a homicidal maniac who turns into a snowman, who menaces a small rural community. If you know what you're getting into, it is a wonderful example of horror movie camp.
December 24, 2013
It's been so long since I've actually sat down to watch this movie. Seriously has to be the cheesiest Christmas/Horror movie I've ever seen.
½ December 22, 2013
More fun than it should be. A sick, tongue-firmly-in-cheek horror comedy from the mid-90s. Bad snow-based puns, check. Inventive kills, check. Bad taste, check. Puppet snowman, check. Catch this in the right mood, and you'll have fun.
½ December 21, 2013
Well at least the snowman was funny
½ December 21, 2013
A snowman rapes a girl in this. Who the FUCK came up with that?
½ December 19, 2013
Sooo ridiculously bad it's almost good
½ December 17, 2013
and remember kids always put poisonous anti freeze in your christmas treats.
cigaretteburns
½ December 5, 2013
hahaha I remember my mum renting this movie by mistake when I was a kid and I thought she was so cool. it was the following week I realized my mother and I would never have compatible film tastes when she came home with the Jack Frost family movie with Michael Keaton and made me watch it with her while she cried. so awkward.