George of the Jungle - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

George of the Jungle Reviews

January 22, 2017
Somewhat dumbing down from the original ape man story, George is a less than dimwitted, strongman raised by a intellectual ape who appears to have neglected teaching George the difference between a dog and an elephant. Regardless though, its a family fun adventure for all the family with Fraser successfully managing to portray his character with ease. Definitely a film to settle down with the kids with!
November 11, 2016
I grew up with the original Jay Ward classic cartoon that started in 1967, and the later remake, starring the orphaned klutzy George and his jungle friends, one of which is a highly intellectual ape. Brendan Fraser, a sadly underrated actor (see "School Ties") is both handsome and ditzy as jungleman George, and turns in a delightful, slapstick performance, true to the classic. The cast is top-notch and the comic timing spot-on. I originally saw it with my 10 year-old son and we absolutely loved it! A great family film.
August 28, 2016
Brendan Fraiser did a great performance of this beloved classic cartoon hero. I watched this movie all the time growing up.
½ August 17, 2016
This was the first film which introduced me to the lovely actress Leslie Mann, even if she was annoying at times. I loved this when I was a kid(still have the poster till this day!) Unfortunately, it doesn't hold up like it did 17 years ago! There are very few laughs, but after this, people were starting to catch up on to Frasers style of comedy. We all understood what his sense of humor is, but it was the retarded kind, and very childish to the point of us saying "ENOUGH!" It's sad that this is one reason why Hollywood won't cast him anymore. This might be a good watch again, despite the circumstances.
August 3, 2016
Great movie from my childhood. Brendan Fraser is hilarious as George!
jamrcla
½ July 18, 2016
Loved it more than I should of, Silly and funny at the same time but kids will love it.
May 17, 2016
So horrendous and cringe worthy it was actually quite amusing ! My three year old thought it was a hoot !
½ April 22, 2016
26.01.2014,
22.04.2016
½ March 31, 2016
A live action cartoon that's good enough to please adults as well!
March 23, 2016
GEORGE GEORGE GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE WATCH OUT FOR THAT.
March 22, 2016
it Reminds Me Of The Help
March 4, 2016
Love this film. A true gem that was just like tne cartoon.
February 24, 2016
This is a funny comedy. I like how It takes place in Africa The scenery is amazing in Africa. I like George he is funny and I think lyle makes a good Bad guy in this movie as well as Ursula's mother. So see this movie!!
October 16, 2015
Okay Film Wasn't Great At All
October 9, 2015
Somewhat rushed near the end, but it's zany and hilarious!
July 30, 2015
George of the Jungle is a boring family comedy with a silly concept and few laughs
June 16, 2015
Best execution of the Jay ward film adaptations. In tune with the original humour and it works for what it is.
May 25, 2015
before the cartoons was, this came along
May 21, 2015
George of the Jungle is a classic. It's style and humor is what makes this film interesting. For a late 90s film, this was a great film.
½ May 8, 2015
Goofy but somewhat likable.