Contact Reviews

• Mar 25, 2020

The characters and the concept here are very interesting and give the film a good foundation. However, some of the twists and turns the story takes seem ultimately unnecessary and are only present to advance an annoyingly preachy moral. By the time "Contact" finally comes to a close at least 30 minutes later than needed, that moral is hitting you over the head like a club. Strong performances by the lead actors make up for that somewhat, but all in all the promising ideas in the film are weighed down by its sheer plodding length and its message.

• Mar 08, 2020

I'm a big Carl Sagan fan so I'm a bit biased. But this is one of the best space films.

• Feb 29, 2020

I've loved this movie since I saw it in the theater. The casting was great, the story is smart, and Carl Sagan's only work of fiction was brought to the screen. John Hurt's character is my favorite. But he was excellent in most things he did.

• Jan 30, 2020

Great interplay between science, politics and religion.

Great interplay between science, politics and religion.

• Jan 12, 2020

A little long and a little cheesy for my taste

A little long and a little cheesy for my taste

• Dec 22, 2019

My all-time favourite. Launches interesting ideas and theories that realistically could happen. A great adaptation of Carl Sagans book. Couldn't have been anyone other than Jodi Foster starring.

• Dec 16, 2019

A bit of cheesey acting aside, the movie had a couple twists, the science is sound and the concept is breathtaking.

• Nov 21, 2019

There's no real investment in the story despite the solid characterisation of Foster's character.

• Sep 17, 2019

An absolute classic. Watch it.

An absolute classic. Watch it.

• Sep 05, 2019