Hercules - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hercules Reviews

December 9, 2017
This movie is definitely one of my favourites. I absolutely love the characters and story.
December 2, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.0

Una simple y divertida manera de graficar el "heroísmo" muy al estilo de Disney.
November 21, 2017
A quest for finding out who the hero truly is decides to take to the skies at Mount Olympus. Not many movies take this kind of story. A little infant is not left behind, but stolen, and can't return to his home until he's proven himself. However, the best part, as well as the main problem, is Hades. Fueled by James Woods, Hades does kind of make us like him more than Hercules. With many improvised lines, diabolical attitude, and a hilariously short temper, he does show that not all villains have to be hated. Despite these positives, the biggest negative is that Hades does tend to overshadow Hercules a little too much that it kind of forces us to want to know what Hades is up to. Still, Hercules is a good Disney movie with the rare trait of having a lovable villain.
November 6, 2017
The story is a different sort of plot, but at least the music is Family friendly.
October 26, 2017
Great Disney 1997 movie of all time, I like this movie so much
½ October 2, 2017
Not exactly Disney's finest - feels a bit like a made-for-tv movie.
September 23, 2017
I somehow missed this Disney movie when it first came out. Now that I have seen it, I didn't really miss much, did I? No wonder this movie isn't talked about when listing House of Mouse flicks. The animation is around Saturday morning cartoon quality (back when they had Saturday morning cartoons). It's not charming or funny. The songs are rather annoying. No one really shines in their performance.

Just all around meh.
September 11, 2017
Hercules is a good movie with good songs and funny moments so it makes a good family movie to watch
½ August 3, 2017
it's a little underated. Seriously. It's an amzazing story, fast-paced, with such relatable characters and hilarious as well (Hades is suberb in this movie), strong songs and historic greek mitoly references that are beautifully reflected in the fantastic animation. Another must-see!

|It's an 8,5 out of 10|
July 28, 2017
James Woods as Hades. Need I say more? And Danny DeVito too. This adaptation of the mythological figure isn't one of the best films in the Disney Renaissance but it's far from the worst. With brightly coloured animation, fun musical numbers, a healthy dose of humour and tons of fun, Hercules remains a winner in its own right. Witness Disney, through the titular protagonist, make fun of how most of their movies are beloved by many and results in tons of merchandising being sold. A group of catchy songs as well. Not as catchy as other films in the Renaissance but the Greek, Spice Girls-like narrator ladies sing a bunch of good songs. Especially that Zero to Hero song. While not a true Disney classic, most audiences, whether or not they've read and/or done their research on Greek mythology are likely to have a blast. That CGI Hydra was the best technologically advanced thing I've seen since the wildebeest stampede in The Lion King. I can't read my Rick Riordan books now without having James Woods speaking in my head whenever Hades is present.
July 28, 2017
Susan Egan's Megara and James Woods' Hades are without a doubt the standouts in Disney's Hercules - one of my favourites as a child. And bar a few odd choices here and there, it is still very enjoyable 20 years after its debut.
July 18, 2017
It's probably one of Disneys weaker movies but still a solid animated movie.
July 8, 2017
Funny, light-hearted and further bolstered by a great cast, Hercules is not a perfect Disney movie, but certainly a strong one.
June 27, 2017
While this film is somewhat stale compared to other Disney hits, its consistent animation alongside it's well written story makes this film a classic.
½ June 26, 2017
Sure its more interested in making modern references then in telling the tale of Hercules but it was still a rather fun watch. Especially liked James Woods as Hades. Fun villain to see after so many "serious" baddies.
½ June 18, 2017
There's undeniable narrative flaws that keep this movie from ranking as a Disney classic but, for what it is, Hercules is a fun, well voice acted picture that has plenty of enjoyable qualities that make up for its faults.
June 15, 2017
I loved this animated Hercules. Good job Disney.
½ June 1, 2017
Hercules doesn't grip like many Disney films do, but it is still fun.
May 28, 2017
One of my most favorite movies as a kid! I love of all of the songs in as well! Would recommend anyone to watch it!
May 28, 2017
One of my most favorite movies as a kid! I love all of the songs in it!