Hercules - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hercules Reviews

½ June 21, 2018
As someone who loves greek mythology and Disney I am surprised I didn't watch this movie sooner, this movie was so entertaining to watch and I loved it.
June 17, 2018
It offers plenty of laughs and enjoyable moments, mostly due to a combination of a particularly unique and different animation, and even when some plot points turn to be strangely familiar with a certain popular superhero, it is its charm and great humor, along a show-stealer villain, what makes Hercules, at the end of the day, a perfectly entertaining little entry in the Disney gallery, accompanied by a worthy soundtrack and well-spirited tone in the story department.
June 1, 2018
This movie is gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.
Dont pay for soylo a soy wars story since its an abomination that funds a now evil company.
May 22, 2018
Awesome music, characters, and overall plot. You can't go wrong here.
May 10, 2018
If you don't like a classic underrated Disney movie like Hercules. There's something wrong with you.
May 6, 2018
Beautiful animation and colors. The 90's Disney movies was what I grew up with and I can see that we got some of the best ones. The humor in this movie is great. The ideas and concepts in this movie are brilliant.This movie is very old school Looney Tunes inspired, and I love it.

The way how they absolutely disrespected Scar from Lion king in this movie is something to definitely watch out for. It shows the type of humor they're going for. Those Titans are ridiculously powerful, holy crap! Really nice and thoughtful messages to take away from this movie. The use of voice actors was on point, especially the use of James Woods.

I had forgotten how good this movie was. I hadn't watched it in over more than 10 years. I'm glad I revisited a classic like this one.
½ April 30, 2018
Another of Disney's latter-day Renaissance pictures, Hercules is a film I remembered snippets of from years ago, but hadn't taken the time to watch it in its entirety. For me, I enjoyed it about as much as I did other Disney films from this time period, such as Hunchback, Tarzan and Mulan. The songs are great, and the animation is really cool, with some of the musical numbers looking like a garish Las Vegas stage show. James Woods is the best part, with his Lord Of The Dead being unlike any Disney villain we've seen in the past. No monstrous voice, not big and imposing, he doesn't even have a song. He's much more like a slimy layer or a wormy agent, speaking fast and trying to negotiate deals while never letting the other party know exactly what they're in for. The romance between our handsome hero and Megara isn't that engaging, but the bond between Herc and his daddy Zeus, voiced brilliantly by Rip Torn, always is. It's not an accurate retelling of Greek myths and legends, but it's done in such a way that adults can understand it and kids can enjoy it. Not a classic, but well worth the watch.
April 12, 2018
One of those fantasy films that is best measured by its sheer entertainment value, Disney's Hercules sports plenty of talented voices, hilarious animation, and a few twists to the usual "hero story" conventions.
April 10, 2018
Hercules is definitely not one of the greats from Disney, but its shiny production design helps to keep it watchable.
½ April 1, 2018
The love story is done before and it is mediocre at most parts. Hercules has a great villain and really funny jokes.
michael e.
March 29, 2018
Now I know a lot of people are indifferent to this movie and either really love this movie or really hate it. Me personally I love it. For a couple reasons, first the villain, Hades is my favorite Disney villain ever and one of my alll time favorite villains, and that is mainly due to how James Woods plays him. He doesn't sound evil, I always thought he sounded like a lawyer or agent which I find kind of interesting. Next the animation, this film has probably the most colorful and interesting animation I've seen in a Disney film, which is understandable seeing how the animation was lead and handled by Gerald Scarfe who did the animation for Pink Floyd's the Wall and he does a fantastic job at doing this animation, my favorite being his design of the Hydra in the film. Also I really do enjoy the music and comedy in the film for as weird as the musical choice of Gospel is for a movie about ancient greece.
March 22, 2018
Hades is by far the best Disney Villain.
March 20, 2018
This is a solid Disney movie. It has great songs, fun characters, an amazing villain, and a fun story. I personally don't have any major problems with this movie other then some of the jokes are kind of lame, and Phil is kind of annoying. Other then that this is still one of my personal favorite animated movies ever made, and definitely needs to be watched by any Disney fan.
March 9, 2018
Changes the original story, which usually works in disney's favor, but his time manages to DISAPPOINT on all regards. Especially in where it matters most; story, CHARACTERS, and (sadly) songs. At least it has some good animation.
February 23, 2018
Really nice movie and great songs!
December 19, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.0

Una simple y divertida manera de graficar el "heroísmo" muy al estilo de Disney.
December 9, 2017
This movie is definitely one of my favourites. I absolutely love the characters and story.
December 2, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.0

November 21, 2017
A quest for finding out who the hero truly is decides to take to the skies at Mount Olympus. Not many movies take this kind of story. A little infant is not left behind, but stolen, and can't return to his home until he's proven himself. However, the best part, as well as the main problem, is Hades. Fueled by James Woods, Hades does kind of make us like him more than Hercules. With many improvised lines, diabolical attitude, and a hilariously short temper, he does show that not all villains have to be hated. Despite these positives, the biggest negative is that Hades does tend to overshadow Hercules a little too much that it kind of forces us to want to know what Hades is up to. Still, Hercules is a good Disney movie with the rare trait of having a lovable villain.