Hercules - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hercules Reviews

September 11, 2017
Hercules is a good movie with good songs and funny moments so it makes a good family movie to watch
½ August 3, 2017
it's a little underated. Seriously. It's an amzazing story, fast-paced, with such relatable characters and hilarious as well (Hades is suberb in this movie), strong songs and historic greek mitoly references that are beautifully reflected in the fantastic animation. Another must-see!

|It's an 8,5 out of 10|
July 28, 2017
James Woods as Hades. Need I say more? And Danny DeVito too. This adaptation of the mythological figure isn't one of the best films in the Disney Renaissance but it's far from the worst. With brightly coloured animation, fun musical numbers, a healthy dose of humour and tons of fun, Hercules remains a winner in its own right. Witness Disney, through the titular protagonist, make fun of how most of their movies are beloved by many and results in tons of merchandising being sold. A group of catchy songs as well. Not as catchy as other films in the Renaissance but the Greek, Spice Girls-like narrator ladies sing a bunch of good songs. Especially that Zero to Hero song. While not a true Disney classic, most audiences, whether or not they've read and/or done their research on Greek mythology are likely to have a blast. That CGI Hydra was the best technologically advanced thing I've seen since the wildebeest stampede in The Lion King. I can't read my Rick Riordan books now without having James Woods speaking in my head whenever Hades is present.
July 28, 2017
Susan Egan's Megara and James Woods' Hades are without a doubt the standouts in Disney's Hercules - one of my favourites as a child. And bar a few odd choices here and there, it is still very enjoyable 20 years after its debut.
July 18, 2017
It's probably one of Disneys weaker movies but still a solid animated movie.
July 8, 2017
Funny, light-hearted and further bolstered by a great cast, Hercules is not a perfect Disney movie, but certainly a strong one.
June 27, 2017
While this film is somewhat stale compared to other Disney hits, its consistent animation alongside it's well written story makes this film a classic.
½ June 26, 2017
Sure its more interested in making modern references then in telling the tale of Hercules but it was still a rather fun watch. Especially liked James Woods as Hades. Fun villain to see after so many "serious" baddies.
½ June 18, 2017
There's undeniable narrative flaws that keep this movie from ranking as a Disney classic but, for what it is, Hercules is a fun, well voice acted picture that has plenty of enjoyable qualities that make up for its faults.
June 15, 2017
I loved this animated Hercules. Good job Disney.
½ June 1, 2017
Hercules doesn't grip like many Disney films do, but it is still fun.
May 28, 2017
One of my most favorite movies as a kid! I love of all of the songs in as well! Would recommend anyone to watch it!
May 28, 2017
One of my most favorite movies as a kid! I love all of the songs in it!
May 6, 2017
The blatant mythological inaccuracies may be distracting for some viewers, but the characters are funny and have a lot of charm, the animation is appealingly fast-paced, the action scenes are very exciting to watch, and the gospel soundtrack is just a ton of fun to listen to.
May 3, 2017
A good movie with good singing and Hercules is a good classic!
½ April 21, 2017
One of, if not, the best Disney films ever made. The vocal talents of James Woods, Danny DeVito, Tate Donovan, and Rip Torn are all spot on. The music isn't the best work Disney has put out, but the movie itself is downright amazing. The tale of a son trying to regain his heroism to return home is one that has been told before. However, the way this one is told just feels fresh and new. James Woods as Hades is perfect casting. It is on the level as James Earl Jones as Darth Vader. I can't imagine anyone else playing the role of Hades. Great job Disney on this perfection. If anyone likes Greek mythology then this is a great, kid friendly, version of it.
½ April 9, 2017
Kind of forgettable. It has good music, and a good hero. Your basic 90's Disney animated movie. A pretty gun movie for families.
½ March 16, 2017
I saw this as an adult and that is perhaps why it was not as exciting for me. It was still pretty good as far as Disney movies go, but I was not wowed. Still worth seeing though.
½ March 2, 2017
Well animated, funny flick.
January 22, 2017
What Hercules lacks in its characterization and gravitas it makes up for with its fun, humor, and music.