Hercules - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hercules Reviews

January 22, 2017
What Hercules lacks in its characterization and gravitas it makes up for with its fun, humor, and music.
January 22, 2017
I shouldn't like this one as much as i do. Its the start of the Disney creative decline of the late 90s early 2000s. its full of 90s pop culture references to almost make it unintelligable for modern children. it's voice casting is so desperate to recapture Robin Williams' genie that it gets a familiar comic voice for damn near every character and its animation seems more cartoony than Disney normally does in its features.

Yet theres just something about it. The voices are all comedic but you can't ask for better voice acting than Rip Torn as Zeus, James Woods as an amazing Hades and Danny Devito as Phil. its simplicity in art design merges Disney and ancient Greek art as much as possible. Hercules like its titular hero has heart and despite all these failings it goes the distance.
January 7, 2017
the best animation film of disney
½ December 13, 2016
A gospel themed musical score!? Really Disney!? Sign.....
Since when was this certified fresh at 83%!? What the heck did the top critics see in this film which I didn't!?
The only tiny bit of credit I would give this movie, is James Woods as Hades, because he's one of my favorite actors. If it wasn't for him, we would have never had the term, "what are those?" Still, the film is not that memorable. It just feels like a large egg with a hollow shell!
December 12, 2016
Hercules definitely lacks ambition, the pacing is totally off as the third act is rushed and even abrupt plus some of the songs and scenes were subpar, but the film is a fun and funny ride with solid humor and such phenomenal, memorable characters with Meg being one of Disney's finest heroines. It also has an interesting animation style to it, it is moving at times, very charming and it has a very good soundtrack with Zero to Hero and I Won't Say I'm in Love being the highlights.
½ November 30, 2016
I remember that watching Hercules for the first time, I've enjoyed it very much. When I come across Doug Walker's Disneycember of how he didn't like it, I got curious about it and later I watched it again after many months and I can see now that Hercules is a bit of a weak Disney film, but I still enjoyed it for what it is. The voice acting is pretty good, and the humor is pretty good. The characters are pretty forgettable, except for the villain Hades who is probably one of the most entertaining villains I've seen in a Disney movie who is greatly cast as Hades for James Wood and that he doesn't talk like the everyday villain. The animation is pretty good, and the action is pretty entertaining. The plot has been done before, and the song are really forgettable to listen to. Disney's Hercules is not nearly one of the best Disney films heck it's not even one of the funniest, but it's a good time for me that seems like an enjoyable time waster.
November 28, 2016
Well, after The Hunchback of Notre Dame (which I absolutely love) got well with the critics and audience so Disney decides to do a movie which is in Roman Empire about a hero called Hercules. I absolutely love this film! It's just everything. You know the rest, the songs, the characters, the music and the animation which you can't really go wrong. From the creators of Aladdin and The Little Mermaid. It's the one, the only, by the famous name of all, Hercules! i actully like the song which is sung by Michael Bolton, Go The Distance. I love the characters. Oh god, I can say it all the time while I'm doing reviews by Disney. I can't explain this much enough. The characters from every Disney movie is just Nostalgic and fun to like. I especially like Philoctetes played by Danny DeVito and James Woods playing Hades, Lord of the Underworld. There's also other characters like the female damsel in distress Megara. Zeus, Hercules's father, Pegasus, Hercules's pet, Pain and Panic, Hades Henchmen and then wonder boy ( which Meg called him) Hercules. I love the songs in it, I can't remember what they're called apart from Go The Distance, Zero to Hero sung by black people and One Last Hope which I love. The animation, what can I say? It's by the same guys who did Aladdin and The Little Mermaid which they wanted to make it so smooth and colourful like the other Disney films. I can't say more about the story because you know the story already from years so I'm gonna have to leave it there. Yes! Disney has done it again making the movies go to renaissance to brilliance. Filled with awsome scenes for audience to enjoy like myself.
November 11, 2016
Hilarious, sarcastic, witty and creative- Hercules is another Disney classic that will live on as a great film.
½ November 11, 2016
Fast and funny, Hercules is an underrated Disney classic.
½ October 30, 2016
Good movie that the whole family should enjoy! 9/10
October 8, 2016
Disney tried to be Dreamworks kinda. It's not that good. There are some good moments, but overall it's pretty weak. Even Alen Menken doesn't save this one too much.
October 7, 2016
One of my favorite animated movies of all times! 5/5 must watch for everyone. great humour and amazing pastime :)
September 28, 2016
One of my favorite films as a little kid. Impressive animation. The characters were fun to watch, thanks to a great voice cast. The music was cool to.
½ September 13, 2016
One of the most timeless Disney movies ever made~
½ August 30, 2016
Good solid Disney movie
August 28, 2016
This movie is in just about every Kingdom Hearts game, and for good reason. It was the first movie I ever watched; I saw it when I was only 3, and though I fell asleep in the middle of it, I've enjoyed watching it many times since. The animated cartoon series was pretty good too, especially the crossover with Aladdin, which saw our favorite street rat have one last battle with Jafar in the movies' original canon.
August 27, 2016
Fun to watch, still catchy songs, but story very far from its source
½ August 15, 2016
Hercules is extremely funny with represented elements done well!
July 20, 2016
This hercules movie ruined the real storie about real greek mythology. (My opinion)