Fire Down Below - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Fire Down Below Reviews

December 17, 2012
I liked this action movie by Steven Seagal. It is light years ahead most of his movies, much more humane and unlike some of Seagal's movies it has real actors including Kris Kristoffersson and Marg Helgenberger (from CSI). Its also well written and has country music. On the contrary to what flixter plot synopsis says, in my opinion "Under Siege" it not better than this film because this one has a sense of humor and clearly executed Aikido-moves.
There was one really odd scene which was a short fight where Taggart, played by Seagal, hands over a handgun to a young boy! Then he proceeds to tell the boy watch over a couple of country thugs with it and suddenly just walks away from there. I found that a bit strange thing to do from an federal agent.
Many Seagal films have very graphic language. This one doesn't. The film wasn't over-violent, and not so violent compared to most Seagal films.
There is enough action including a car chase and four fights. I could spot several Aikido-moves like Sankyo and Tenchi-nage.
On the minus - side, the story is rather simple and its outcome is guessable.
I got it on DVD and I think this might be Seagal's best movie. I rate it four stars because of that.
December 7, 2012
For now not to bothered for this...uninterested...
½ December 5, 2012
Is there a single worthwhile Seagal movie out there?
November 21, 2012
was one of the best Movies i ever got to see get made in my home town and meeting the cast at the time was very kool
November 17, 2012
Decent film, if you like watching Seagal, you may enjoy this.
½ October 12, 2012
not bad, in this movie -- Steven Seagal seems like Lucky Luke
August 27, 2012
If you can't stand country music like me, then you'll enjoy watching Seagal total wannabe fighters like Mark Collie. Unfortunately, Seagal tries to blend music and action and neither one works, much like the rest of this movie, despite it's above-average cast. I liked watching Seagal blow off half of Randy Travis' head, but that was the highlight of the film for me. Not a great movie.
August 2, 2012
wonderful, wonderful movie.
½ July 3, 2012
More of the same when it comes to Steven Seagal movies. Fire Down Below brings nothing new to the table, and turns out the same as many of his other films, bad.
½ June 22, 2012
Seagal at his best. Brightly colored coats, great one-liners, and some sweet pickin and grinnin'.
April 16, 2012
i really hate that guy...
April 3, 2012
a steven seagal classic, and the last of the truly brilliant seagal movies, the movie has some brilliant fight scenes, a good sense of humour, and a truly brilliant cast, a must see action movie
½ March 31, 2012
An important issue that gets shoved aside as segal sticks out like a sore thumb.
½ March 4, 2012
about the last ok movie by steven seagal. better then on deadly ground (the AK one), but not as good as his late 80's, early 90's cop ones.
March 2, 2012
Most of Seagal's movies are so similar, you can't tell them apart. This one is also the Seagal vs everyone else type of plot and even though it's not intelligent and has no special dialogue, it is still entertaining, i'll give it that.
February 6, 2012
For action junkies only.
½ January 7, 2012
Simple moralistic story, but it does flow well.
½ December 21, 2011
Not a fan of Steven Seagal at all.