Picture Perfect - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Picture Perfect Reviews

½ September 2, 2016
Really pathetic in all sense. They judge the professional performance based o private life?
The message of "a woman isn't complete/successful without a husband"
At the end she kisses "friendly" this terrible guy who has been treating her as sperm-deposit.
Her acting: some point between boring and tired, thank God I was too young to see it at the movies, at least in Netflix I could move fw some of the scenes.
½ February 29, 2016
Meh...kinda cute but boring. Typical fake fiancà (C) -like the popular guy routine.
November 21, 2015
isn't the best movie and ran a bit long but Jen is the real reason I watched this!
August 17, 2015
The worst rom-com I've ever seen. The rest is spoilers but you shouldn't care because this movie sucks so much. Talk about the the biggest bitch I've ever seen in a movie. Keep in mind that I really like Jennifer Aniston, so in order for me to perceive her as a bitch, she has to go above and beyond on the ultimate bitch scale. Even when she finally realizes the man she's supposed to be with, she still goes back to the complete dick of a man she was with before, kisses him and basically tells him when she gets bored of the one she wants that she'll go back to this fucking dick again. And this guy, I don't even remember his fucking name, the one who jennifer anniston ends up getting with, is the fakest most unrealistic guy on the face of the planet. He does anything this stupid bitch asks of him and still for some reason wants to be with her. Sorry ladies, I hate to break it to you but love love is a two way street, you can't do whatever the fuck you want and expect the guy to still put up with it and love you. If this movie would continue, there's no way they would be together more than 6 months, no guy could put up with a bitch like that for that long, and if he did by some fairy tale imagination land, then she would definitely be cheating on him, and when he finds out and he's still okay with that, well then fuck him and everything else about this story. Not to mention overly cliched and predictable. One of the worst writing jobs ever on a movie, no idea why even a younger jennifer anniston would ever take on such a shitty role in a movie, she's lucky it didn't ruin her movie going career. DON'T SEE THIS MOVIE!
August 1, 2015
Cute romantic comedy. Chemistry between Jennifer Anniston, with Kevin Bacon and Jay Mohr is played on cue to character. Enjoyable story and in the end, as expected,
the good guy gets the girl.
July 3, 2015
Romanttista hömppää... hyvä päännollauselokuva! ;) (Suom. Täydellinen sulhanen)
May 22, 2015
I must admit, I'm a sucker for romantic comedies. There's something magical about that fantasy world where man and woman have some kind of meet-cute, and then something tries to pull them apart while we're desperately hoping they will come back together. Picture Perfect is exactly one of those films and I find myself smiling throughout. It is the story of a career-focused young woman played by Jennifer Aniston who can't seem to move ahead because she is too much of a free spirit, and it seems everyone in her life wants her to create some roots. This leads her to invent a fiance based on a picture she had taken with a stranger, played by Jay Mohr. It's a crazy concept but I like how it seems that every person in her life wanted nothing more than for her to be tied down, and once the lie starts everything falls into place for her. However the magic of the story doesn't really get rolling until Jay Mohr enters the film full time. He's not the type of actor I would expect to be cast in this role, because he doesn't get many comedic moments, in fact he's usually the straight man. Despite this casting against type, I find him absolutely delightful. His lovable demeanor is exactly what is needed to break through the wall that Aniston's character is putting up.

Jennifer Aniston is great as the somewhat neurotic star of the film. She certainly seems like the result of someone being over-protected by her mother (played in this film by the wonderful Olympia Dukakis.) You can sense her emotions pouring out despite the efforts of her character to hide them, and that's really the most important thing in a rom-com. Also, while it's not something I would ordinarily notice in a film, I thought the wardrobe department teamed up perfectly with the hair and makeup department to get Aniston's look just right. She starts out the film with a very innocent and even childish look. Then as her character starts to "grow up" her appearance matures with her. I also have to give some credit to the script-writers because I think they did a nice job of putting some realistic dialogue that makes sense in the film despite the over-the-top wackiness of what is happening. It really shines in the dinner scene where Aniston and Mohr are saying one thing to each other, but we can read between the lines and tell exactly what they mean. I'm not sure why Picture Perfect was not that popular when it came out, but I think it has all the elements people look for in a good romantic comedy. Yes, as with all films in the genre, it is very predictable but it has a great deal of charm and gives you a few of those "aaawww" moments that melt your heart.
March 28, 2015
The worst kind of "chick flick".
March 4, 2015
I saw it back in my video store clerk days but honestly can't remember anything about it
December 27, 2014
12/27/2014: An ok romantic comedy. Love Jennifer Aniston.
½ November 28, 2014
Aniston's the whole show, so if you like her, you'll probably like this slight, predicatble romcom.
½ October 3, 2014
Glenn Gordon Caron is someone I've followed and loved ever since "Moonlighting." Although I don't think any of his films or TV shows before or since them have equalled the chemistry he got between Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd, I've always held out hope that he'll reach the romantic and comedic heights of that show.Jennifer Aniston was still mostly a TV star when this came out, though I only just now watched it. Unfortunately, this film is simply a blandly entertaining romcom about ad executive Aniston pretending to be engages to someone she just met in order to get ahead at work. The only thing that really distinguishes this film is the solid cast, which beside Aniston, includes Jay Mohr, Kevin Bacon, Olympia Dukakis, Illeana Douglas, Kevin Dunn. And to just make you feel old, "The Big Bang Theory's" Kaley Cuoco has a bit part as "Little Girl." On a side note, I'm convinced that Aniston will become the next Hedy Lamarr; someone who was wildly popular in her day and considered one of the most beautiful people in the world, but since she has yet to appear in a real classic film, she'll probably be mostly forgotten 50 years from now.
½ September 18, 2014
Rutless comedy that's best attributes are Aniston's legs.
½ August 14, 2014
A strong debut for Jen Aniston in the leading role... and a delightful precursor to the career ahead of her.
½ July 17, 2014
A good movie, I liked it!
June 21, 2014
Very cliche. It was ok.
½ June 7, 2014
Very slow and not funny at all. The plot was ridiculous.
April 21, 2014
La principale qualite de cette comedie romantique n'est sans doute pas son originalite ou son rythme car ces deux elements sont totalement absents de Trait Pour Trait. En revanche, son trio Jennifer Aniston - Jay Mohr - Kevin Bacon est excellent et quelques scenes font mouches grace a des dialogues particulierement bien ecrits. Ajoutez-y une tres bonne bande-son et un supporting cast qui assure (Kevin Dunn, Illeana Douglas, pas tres surprenant de les voir bons) et vous avez une bonne maniere de passer deux heures un jour ferie.
January 10, 2014
It was a good movie but it wasn't really funny as I thought it would be
October 18, 2013
Jennifer Aniston is not really her Rachel from Friends but she comes close in Picture Perfect as Cate. I like her in Friends and I think because of that I liked her in this film.

The story is even more predictable than movies as Notting Hill and Addicted to love, but I did like it. It is simple, it makes you feel good, there's no real bad guy or girl, there is some chemistry and we all know it will end very happy.

You can like Aniston here, or may be you don´t because she is too much Rachel. I liked her because she is. Kevin Bacon was a little disappointing in a role that might be too easy for him and you will like Jay Mohr. If you want to feel good and sleep with a nice feeling, you might want to watch this. 6/10.