Picture Perfect Reviews

• Jul 29, 2017

I used to like this movie when it came out, but I recently rewatched it and I've figured out that Jennifer Aniston's character is a terrible person. I'm not sure why we are supposed to root for her. The story is also kind of boring.

• Jul 19, 2017

An most ridiculous comedy romance that broke the third and a half wall just to make fun of itself. Somehow it all works out, which when watching comedy romances is what you need and want to see. No matter how cheesy or ridiculous you still root for the unlikely but picturesque pair .

• Sep 02, 2016

Really pathetic in all sense. They judge the professional performance based o private life? The message of "a woman isn't complete/successful without a husband" At the end she kisses "friendly" this terrible guy who has been treating her as sperm-deposit. Her acting: some point between boring and tired, thank God I was too young to see it at the movies, at least in Netflix I could move fw some of the scenes.

• Nov 21, 2015

isn't the best movie and ran a bit long but Jen is the real reason I watched this!

• Aug 01, 2015

Cute romantic comedy. Chemistry between Jennifer Anniston, with Kevin Bacon and Jay Mohr is played on cue to character. Enjoyable story and in the end, as expected, the good guy gets the girl.

• Jul 03, 2015

Romanttista hömppää... hyvä päännollauselokuva! ;) (Suom. Täydellinen sulhanen)

Romanttista hömppää... hyvä päännollauselokuva! ;) (Suom. Täydellinen sulhanen)

• May 22, 2015

I must admit, I'm a sucker for romantic comedies. There's something magical about that fantasy world where man and woman have some kind of meet-cute, and then something tries to pull them apart while we're desperately hoping they will come back together. Picture Perfect is exactly one of those films and I find myself smiling throughout. It is the story of a career-focused young woman played by Jennifer Aniston who can't seem to move ahead because she is too much of a free spirit, and it seems everyone in her life wants her to create some roots. This leads her to invent a fiance based on a picture she had taken with a stranger, played by Jay Mohr. It's a crazy concept but I like how it seems that every person in her life wanted nothing more than for her to be tied down, and once the lie starts everything falls into place for her. However the magic of the story doesn't really get rolling until Jay Mohr enters the film full time. He's not the type of actor I would expect to be cast in this role, because he doesn't get many comedic moments, in fact he's usually the straight man. Despite this casting against type, I find him absolutely delightful. His lovable demeanor is exactly what is needed to break through the wall that Aniston's character is putting up. Jennifer Aniston is great as the somewhat neurotic star of the film. She certainly seems like the result of someone being over-protected by her mother (played in this film by the wonderful Olympia Dukakis.) You can sense her emotions pouring out despite the efforts of her character to hide them, and that's really the most important thing in a rom-com. Also, while it's not something I would ordinarily notice in a film, I thought the wardrobe department teamed up perfectly with the hair and makeup department to get Aniston's look just right. She starts out the film with a very innocent and even childish look. Then as her character starts to "grow up" her appearance matures with her. I also have to give some credit to the script-writers because I think they did a nice job of putting some realistic dialogue that makes sense in the film despite the over-the-top wackiness of what is happening. It really shines in the dinner scene where Aniston and Mohr are saying one thing to each other, but we can read between the lines and tell exactly what they mean. I'm not sure why Picture Perfect was not that popular when it came out, but I think it has all the elements people look for in a good romantic comedy. Yes, as with all films in the genre, it is very predictable but it has a great deal of charm and gives you a few of those "aaawww" moments that melt your heart.

• May 10, 2015

Meh...kinda cute but boring. Typical fake fiancà (C) -like the popular guy routine.

• Mar 28, 2015

The worst kind of "chick flick".

The worst kind of "chick flick".

• Nov 23, 2014

Aniston's the whole show, so if you like her, you'll probably like this slight, predicatble romcom.