The Assignment - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Assignment Reviews

August 1, 2016
superb movie. still don't know what to think of the ending. i have watched it like 5 times and i am still not sure. Any ideas?
May 3, 2015
A pretty good old school style thriller.
April 19, 2012
Alright as it goes, but not very good overall.
½ February 28, 2012
This was interesting, good & believeable performance by Aidan Quinn
October 13, 2011
The Assignment

The Assignment took me through great non-stop action and thriller. It gave me some remarkable chills all throughout the film, many heart-pounding moments in the film, which keep you surprised. Ben Kingsley gave a wonderful performance. I must say that films like The Assignment makes me love action-movies with top-notch thriller elements.
October 8, 2011
THE ASSIGNMENT (1997)
terris85017
August 14, 2011
(1997) Here' the movie that got away....just saw this a couple of months ago and felt it was incredibly riveting, especially for being 14 y ears old now!! They say for each one of us there is a dopple ganger.....and (Aidan Quinn) is just that, a dopple danger for one of the world's most notorious terrorists. Ben Kingsley co-stars in a believable role as Amos, an Israeli C.I.A. agent, who first encounters "Annibal Ramirez" aka "Carlos' double" while he is on leave in the Middle East...

Donald Sutherland lends some bitter but human C.I.A. reality to the morphosis of Quinn into his notorious dopple ganger, "Carlos."
May 9, 2011
2/10: Has so much potential to be a brilliant action thriller, but unfortunately is ridden with cheesy action, corny acting, and very unrealistic scenes.
½ April 16, 2011
One of the best i've seen in a long time. I have it in my collection.
March 18, 2011
Kako j emoguce i gde naci ovaj film, da li da je onlajn da se moze pogledati ili skinuti, pod kojim nazivom d atrazim ili n akome sajtu. Hvala svim akoji mi mogu pomoci
½ February 10, 2011
Was a good movie, interesting training for his assignment. Nothing really new, but was a good flick.
January 24, 2011
Friday, January 21, 2011

(1997) The Assignment
THRILLER

Some are calling this one a bonified sequel to the 1973 film "The Day of the Jackal" but with a different spin on it this time! Navy officer (Aiden Quinn) whose a look-a-like to the real assassin/ terrorist calling himself 'The Jackal' eventually succumbs himself to be recruited and tortured by some gov't agency to mimic and become like the real one for the purpose of infiltrating the actual one from performing his latest hit on one of the country's leaders! With an interesting new spin and the acting chops of Ben Kingsly and Donald Sutherland despite it's budget makes this one a winner!

3 out of 4
August 16, 2010
Aiden Quinn in the role of a naval officer who looks like Carlos the Jackal. CIA wants Carlos gone and the naval officer is forced to try to do the job.
½ June 9, 2010
This is about tracking down the world's most dangerous terrorist known as Jackal. It starts with superbly done grenade explosion scene. A mind boggling mission filled with actions. A must watch!
½ March 31, 2010
Nice spy thriller with elements of a true story about terrorist Carlos The Jackal. Aidan Quinn, Donald Sutherland & Ben Kingsley form the main starring trio and the all do a good job. The action pieces were quite nice and it ended smartly. There were some bits and pieces in the story and the dialogue that was a bit too much, but overall it was good spy movie. The LSD scene was quite awesome.
March 21, 2010
once I get passed the awful effects, and some of the weak acting/script, this is a decent film.
February 28, 2010
In my opinion, one of the smartest, yet most underrated movies I've seen. A must see.
February 16, 2010
The best action movie i have seen since MAN ON FIRE...one hell of a story...loved the acting of all the 3 actors...Awesome action, a real attention grabber...Nail biting story...a must watch movie...real good stuff...