Seven Years in Tibet Reviews

• Dec 26, 2019

What they called an epic drama in the 90's - a lot of things going on during more than two hours of footage. The design of the movie is great, as well as thoroughness of the locations, but dramatically it is quite a moderate movie.

• Dec 15, 2019

ดูจบแล้ว Seven Years in Tibet หนังปี 1997 แบรดพิทรับบทเป็น Heinrich Harrer นักปีเขาชาวออสเตรีย ระหว่างที่เขาปีนเขาอยู่ที่อินเดีย โชคชะตาทำให้เขาได้เป็นเพื่อนกับดาไลลามะแห่งทิเบต ในยุคปลายสงครามโลกครั้งที่สอง เวลาต่อเนื่องถึงจีนยึดทิเบต รู้ว่าสร้างจากเรื่องจริงก็จบเรื่องแล้ว ออกแนวฮอลลีวูดจ๋า ทุกอย่างดูง่ายไปหมด สคริปดูทื่อและเชยไปหน่อย แต่ก็ยังมีข้อดีอยู่บ้าง เพราะทำให้รู้จักประวัติของทิเบตมากขึ้นนิดนึง ให้ 5/10

• Dec 03, 2019

The locations, the production design is a delight but for some reason the emotion never achieves its full potential

• Sep 15, 2019

Excellent piece of history

Excellent piece of history

• Jun 13, 2019

This is a good movie about becoming a better person through learning from other cultures and learning from others actions. Throughout the movie we see Harrer transform from one person to another. Along the way he learns humility, compassion, and loss of ego. This movie is more than just wars and the injustice that took place in Tibet and the world during WWII. It's about spirituality. Although the movie felt boring at times and it felt like there were a couple of filler moments, you leave with a sense of wanting to become a better human being. You get the feeling of wanting to help others and show compassion. I think it's beautiful how it's also based on a true story and how even years after all the mess between China and Tibet, they've still remained friends in real life. I think this is a great story and one in which everyone can learn something from. I recommend it.

• Jun 09, 2019

What this movie says: 1. Chinese are bad, westerns are good. 2. All Tibetans hate Chinese, like Westerns. 3.Communists fight the Japanese in WWII, Nationalists loot Tibet. This imperialist film should be banned worldwide, not just in China.

• Dec 29, 2018

Very interesting story. I watched in three or four sittings. I recommend it. Great visuals.

• Nov 11, 2018

Slightly mixed feelings about Brad Pitt in this one. On the one hand, I think he showed a versatile emotional range and was able to convey a wide array of different dispositions throughout the movie. Especially in his vulnerable state, I think he did a good job of drawing in the audience. On the other hand, I felt he did a poor job of the accent in portraying an Austrian and just felt this let him down in credibility for the role. The relationship he had with the young Dalai Lama was engaging but could have been slightly developed. Overall this was a good watch, I just can’t help but feel that they could have turned a good movie into a great one.

• Nov 08, 2018

This was a controversial film upon release and if I am not wrong its outright banned in China. It's a good film based on the real experiences of an Austrian explored and the dalai lama during some difficult period in Tibetian history(basically Chinese Occupation). Brad Pitt plays the lead character and is pretty alright. David Thewlis plays his mate. The child playing the young Dalai Lama steals the show though and the scenery of Tibet is a plus point. Great topic but an average film.

• Oct 12, 2018