Great Expectations Reviews

• 3d ago

Hawke does to Great Expectations what he did to Hamlet. That is not a good thing.

• Feb 15, 2020

This movie gave us one of the best Pulp songs, sadly in terms of emotional impact it fell short

• Feb 13, 2020

Gwyneth Paltrow used to be hot. Then she got old.

Gwyneth Paltrow used to be hot. Then she got old.

• Feb 02, 2020

People need to watch this with fresh eyes. An extremely smart modernization. Entertaining. Insanely great cast. A film that was either behind or ahead of its time.

• Jan 28, 2020

Captures the pain of love perfectly. Very underrated film.

Captures the pain of love perfectly. Very underrated film.

• Oct 21, 2019

Ethan Hawke was really great!

Ethan Hawke was really great!

• Sep 24, 2019

Fantastic work and retelling of the classic novel by Alfonso Cuarón. Seductive, touching and powerful. Maybe not his best movie but sure an enduring one! It deserved a lot more credit and viewers.

• Jun 26, 2018

Good story overall, but, I'm not sure that I enjoyed this version

Good story overall, but, I'm not sure that I enjoyed this version

• Apr 30, 2018

Poor adaptation of the legendary novel, though performances all around were excellent. De Niro and Baxter deliver one of the best of their carreers and Paltrow gave a stunning performance as the ethereally beautiful, but ice cold Estella.

• Apr 19, 2018