The Man in the Iron Mask Quotes
The top The Man in the Iron Mask quotes selected by the Rotten Tomatoes community. Login to submit a quote!
- Lieutenant Andre: Magnificent Valor!‐ Submitted by Mark P (2 years ago)
- Aramis: [narrating] Some of this is legend, but at least this much is fact - when rioting citizens of France destroyed the Bastille, they discovered within its records this mysterious entry: Prisoner # 64389000 - The Man in the Iron Mask.
- Athos: [to Phillipe] Once I, once all of us, believed in serving something greater than ourselves. Aramis had his faith, Porthos his lust for life, D'Artagnan his devotion and I had Raoul. But we all had a common dream. That one day we would finally be able to serve a king who was worthy of the throne. It is what we dreamt, what we bled for, and what we have waited a lifetime to see. I taught Raoul to believe in that dream, and now my son is dead. And now I want to know if my son's life was in vain, and the only person who can answer that is you.
- Athos: D'Artagnan, I have never known a finer man than you nor cared more for a friend, but if this king harms my son merely to take a lover, then this king will become my enemy. And so will any man who stands between that enemy and me.
- Philippe: I wear the mask. It does not wear me.
- D'Artagnan: Anne, to love you is treason against France. But not to love you is treason against my heart.
- Louis XIV: D'Artagnan, you will hunt down Porthos, Athos, and Aramis, and bring me their heads, or I will have yours. And as for you, my brother, back to the prison you will go, and into the mask you hate. Wear it 'til you love it! And die in it.
- Porthos: I love Paris, I love life, and I love you.
- Philippe: Put this man away where no one will hear his insanity. Let him be fed by a deaf-mute but feed him well.
- Philippe: I've worn that mask so long I don't feel safe without it.
- Aramis: If Porthos is determined to end his life, he's bound to seek the opportunity, isn't he?
- Louis XIV: D'Artagnan, I am not angry with you. I knew you would lead me to them, and so you have. Lay down your sword and I will not punish you. I will let you retire in peace, and I will give your friends a swift execution, if you surrender NOW!