The Man in the Iron Mask - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Man in the Iron Mask Reviews

November 28, 2016
Underrated movie. I freaking loved it! It starts out a little bit shakey, but then it gets better
October 2, 2016
man this is a perfect movie I can't believe you idiots would rate it so low
September 23, 2016
It wasn't the greatest film but it wasn't the worst either. The acting was pretty uneven but I didn't think it was a complete waste of time.
June 10, 2016
Graças a Deus que o DiCaprio se tornou o ótimo ator que é hoje. Ver ele nesse filme é de assustar. Atuação fraca e caricata. Além de todo o filme ser uma desgraça de ruim.
May 14, 2016
Greatest Leo DiCaprio movie I've ever seen :)
I love the story of royal families throughout history especially the story of King Louis XIV. :-)
½ April 4, 2016
Sometimes people are thrown into bad movies. You get tired of decent actors, like John Malkovich, acting poorly.
February 2, 2016
Leonardo Dicaprio's performance here could be summed up like this - "I want a cookie now! Wah, waa, waaa!" Just shut the hell up!
This was back in the day when he couldn't really act that great, and boy did it show!? The movie had potential, but looking back at it, you can tell that it had problems with the story, acting, and plot, which doesn't make it hold up that much!
November 27, 2015
Fantastic sequel to The Three Musketeers about the overthrow of the evil King George for his good twin brother King Louis. Fairly long film, but very exciting and entertaining to watch from start to finish.
November 8, 2015
Somehow, not at all swashbuckling
September 26, 2015
The Man in the Iron Mask is forgettable and quite dull to watch. The cinematography and the costumes were great, but DiCaprio was no King Louis and it sucks saying that because I know Leo is better than this.
August 30, 2015
I absolutely love the book when I read it as a kid then this movie ruined it...
½ August 23, 2015
But why was John Malkovich's acting so horrendous?
½ July 30, 2015
The Man in the Iron Mask is an entertaining picture with a sensational performance from Leonardo DiCaprio, but the film overall is far from perfect!
½ May 30, 2015
A movie with so many bad decisions from casting to costumes. It has some moments when it feels real, but more often than not it feels like a joke.
½ May 15, 2015
This story was meant to be done with more gleeful flare than these actors and this director put out.
April 5, 2015
i loved this film as a teen, my favourite parts when all musketeers are together plotting and fighting. fantastic feast for the eyes
½ March 6, 2015
It was ok. Not a fascinating storyline but not dull either. I found it about a half hour too long. I really liked how they did the ending.
½ March 1, 2015
Long and spotty with good and poor moments.
½ February 22, 2015
The movie is WAY better than the book.

While the acting in here can be very stiff at times, the overall story I really enjoyed.