The Man in the Iron Mask Reviews

• Jul 15, 2020

I am disappointed in the critics who gave this film terrible reviews, and disappointed in RT for it's poor rating. I love this movie! It captures the ideas of honor, loyalty, and respect while crafting a wonderful tale of corruption, salvation, redemption, and restoration. Leonardo DiCaprio should have won an Oscar for his dual performance; and John Malkovich, Jeremy Irons, Gabriel Byrne, and Gerard Depardieu stole each scene they were in. I've never seen D'Artagnan performed the way Byrne did, and Malkovich's portrayal of a disgruntled vet is spot on perfection. This movie deserves more praise than what it was given. If you haven't seen this movie then you need to.

• Jul 05, 2020

They change so much it barley resembles the book and its titular character is really undeveloped.

• May 19, 2020

Another adaptation of another Dumas work. Honestly, I didn't even know till recently that this movie was a "Three Musketeers" story. For this particular iteration (a somber epilogue to the famed story), it is a lot more serious-minded and there isn't much action to enjoy. But surprisingly, the film makes up for that because the drama itself is fairly engaging and well-developed. The main cast may be speaking with their natural accents to a distracting degree (British, French and American, you name it!) but each actor is mostly well-cast and gives a good effort. The sets and costumes look naturally lavish but when it comes the action scenes, they look rather clumsy and cheap. All things considered, this probably my favorite "Musketeers"-related movie thus far and I'd recommend it for its good dramatic moments, intrigue and nimble performances; despite its lack of swashbuckling excitement. Its not amazing but it shouldn't be so easily dismissed - 7/10 (B)

• May 15, 2020

An adventure with intrigue this drama is not one of best adaptations of the three musketeers but it's better than it's reputation.

• Mar 24, 2020

If there is nothing else to do

If there is nothing else to do

• Feb 08, 2020

What a grandiose tale! What grandiose Regisseur work!

What a grandiose tale! What grandiose Regisseur work!

• Oct 17, 2019

Great movie. Let yourself enjoy it, without any political influences, and you'll find this to be a masterpiece.

• Oct 08, 2019

A fun and memorable rendition, with great performances from Gabriel Byrne, Jeremy Irons and John Malkovich.

• Aug 07, 2019

I love this movie! DiCaprio was his excellent young self alongside a great cast of more seasoned actors.

• Jul 29, 2019

a beautiful adventure film where deception and lies play a key part in a film where musketeers have to settle a plot that grips their kingdom