Nightwatch Reviews

• Jul 10, 2018

Great cast; silly movie.

Great cast; silly movie.

• Aug 19, 2017

A cheesy B movie. The unexpected twist would have been more effective if the rest of the movie had been better. (First and only viewing - 8/19/2017)

• Dec 27, 2016

We may like the twist, but how can you believe everybody here is as dumb as that?

• Apr 01, 2016

He takes their eyes. A law student takes a new night watchman position at a mortuary. Unfortunately for him, a new serial killer arrives that increases the activity in the area. He accidentally begins traveling in the same circle as the killer when his friend befriends a prostitute that may have a connection to the killer. The watchman may find himself as a target of the killer. "Have you ever been killed before?" Ole Bornedal, director of The Substitute, The Possession, Deliver us from Evil, Just Another Love Story, and episodes from the television series 1864, delivers Nightwatch. The storyline for this picture is entertaining and fun to watch unfold. The acting was very solid and the cast includes Ewan McGregor, Nick Nolte, Josh Brolin, and Patrcia Arquette. "Do something or I'll take your girlfriend's eyes." I came across this on Netflix and had to watch it. I had never heard of this movie and found it worth a viewing. There were some awkward moments that I think could have been better executed; however, I do recommend seeing this once. "You fucked a prostitute?" Grade: C+

• Mar 28, 2016

Nightwatch was a thriller that focused around strange happenings in a morgue. There were some creepy scenes as well as some slow moving boring moments they could have done without. The acting was fairly good and the story moved along at a nice pace. Things really got moving about half way in and it kept you guessing until the end about what the root of all the "evil" was. However, the ending was not all that satisfying and left me wondering and wanting more. There is enough gore and scares to satisfy most people but it falls right in the middle of the pack when compared to other mystery/suspense films.

• Jul 25, 2015

The bromance between McGregor and Brolin did not need to exist. That whole side story and Brolin's character in general was not needed. Movie was an hour longer than it had to be.

• May 06, 2015

It has it's moments, but they are overshadowed with choppy editing, poor pacing and mediocre writing. It comes off more ugly then clever. But McGregor, Nolte and Brolin are decent. Nonetheless, predictable and dated formula.

• Nov 12, 2014

This film was highly entertaining and quite surprising to be honest. I had heard of it for a long time but never got the chance to look at it and yesterday someone found it on Netflix and decided to watch it at home... At first I thought it would be an awful cheap thriller but slowly the story became more and more appealing, the tension rising and the suspense becoming incredibly intense. The characters were all interesting and remained mysterious enough to keep you guessing until the end who the psycho killer could be. Ole Bornedal has made a remake of his own thriller in English language and even though I haven't seen the Dannish version, this Nightwatch films delivers a strong and entertaining piece of cinema. Good surprise indeed.

• Oct 09, 2014

This is a little known movie with at the time a little known actor in America. It definitly is what they call a thriller. It's exciting, perfect for the dark night alone that needs a lift or the sleep over with a bunch of friends. Ewan McGregor succeeds in capturing the sympathy and minds of the audience. He does a good job at really relating to the average person, not tough and fearless like the average hero, but truly human. Nick Nolte has another great performance and as well does Patricia Arquette, what can i say the whole cast was great, but i must say other then Ewan McGregor's charcter i truly enjoyed the character of Josh Brolin, he added a clever edge to the character that i found fun to watch. So this ignored film is well worth 1 hour and 41 minutes of you time, even more worth it if your a Ewan McGregor fan.

• Mar 29, 2014