Wide Awake - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wide Awake Reviews

July 24, 2014
(First viewing - Late childhood)
½ June 14, 2014
M night started out with an ok movie
½ April 26, 2014
Sincere, moving, unsentimental.
September 5, 2013
An innocent film about a child trying to find God. Great movie for the family to watch together.
August 28, 2013
Shyamalan?! hwut?! teehee, a "sports" loving nun......yea, "sports." you're a clever cat M. Night!
½ August 18, 2013
Its a good movie, i liked this when i was a kid.
½ June 2, 2013
Wide Awake is great for anyone who is going through a crisis of faith or is unsure of what they believe. The primary moral of the story is simple: if you seek out a connection with your Higher Power, you will find it.

I watch this movie with my children because it is great for generating discussion about many topics on which kids need direction: God, church, life after death, spirituality, bullying, peer/school issues, social status, terminal illness, etc.

This is a great effort by M. Night Shyamalan, and it is an excellent family film, although it is too slow for young children. I recommend that it be watched with children when they are 7-12 years old. Give it a try if you have kids, or if you are questioning your faith.
January 22, 2013
M. Night's overlooked masterpiece. Touching and good. An optimistic version of "Sixth Sense". Hey, there's even a "twist" ending!
½ September 10, 2012
There was an M. Night Shyamalan movie before "The Sixth Sense", and here it is: "Wide Awake". And there it goes. It sucked.
August 29, 2012
Surprise ending? Surprise ending.
July 31, 2012
I hate rossy o'donnell. that is the reason i don't want watch this movie
May 31, 2012
everyone has a grandpa
½ May 13, 2012
Good, but I got sick of hearing the same title music OVER and OVER and OVER again...
May 7, 2012
Shyamalan started his carrer here? well Im interested.
April 27, 2012
always a must watch for me. seriously cry EVERY time I watch it...given the acting...the meaning of the story...the score of the film...
all play together in such a powerful way!! Without a doubt a top ten film for me!!
April 16, 2012
This is a nostalgic favorite for me. Even though I only saw it back in 2007, when I was fourteen, it had a big impact on me then and I still love it.
½ January 28, 2012
A lovely little film.
January 5, 2012
My all-time favorite movie.

Is not at all revolutionary, yet contains every element to touch your heart and cause you to relate to it and maybe even make you feel like a kid again.

Oh yeah, did I mention it was directed by M. Night Shymalan?????
December 29, 2011
Was good and I can appreciate the fact that he discovered what he wanted to see ... I don't necessarily agree with it so it barely gets 3 stars from me.
July 18, 2011
Cheesy, kiddy Shyamalan, before he got great ...then got ever shitter than even this (The Happening onwards for me).