Men With Guns - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Men With Guns Reviews

½ January 28, 2008
It is impossible to predict where John Sayles will travel at any given time in his film career, but Men with Guns is one of the director's most surprising journeys. Shot in Spanish, with a little-known cast, the film is a beguiling mix.
January 13, 2008
Uplifting in the most unusual way. Set in a make believe South American jungle it follows the story of a Doctoc seking to following up students he has taught to find out how they are going. Along the way he meets three seperate people with amazing journeys to share. Not well known but one of the best movies I have ever seen. Suntitled
December 23, 2007
A dark dose of reality.
November 18, 2007
Further proof that John Sayles is one of the most versatile and important film directors working (outside Hollywood) today.
October 28, 2007
Found out about this film through a mentioning Nahuatl-language spoken in the film, and also the leading role of the Other Conquest (Delgado), the story is somewhat lacking midthru but the reality of national negation of medical & subsistence needs to indigenous communities is the point elaborated upon. The tourists are a riot.
October 21, 2007
I first watched this movie while working with Central American survivors of torture. This movie brought their stories to life.
October 8, 2007
Honestly one of the most thought evoking movies I have ever seen. I love it.
October 8, 2007
i listed this as "want to see" but really mean "want to see again before i give it a rating"
September 2, 2007
amazing and powerful
½ August 22, 2007
Disappointing after the genius that is Sayles Lonestar.
August 22, 2007
For me, John Sayles first disappoiting film. Felt predictable and mechanistic, even if it was believable and true to life.
½ August 14, 2007
Recipe: Take Chiapas in Mexico, or any Central American country at the turn of the century. mix in US involvement to subvert governments, allow it to settle. the yeast of the internal sadists will take over. Result, failed nation-states that exist today. This is the film that shows the horror that still exists in many places south of the border.
July 26, 2007
Presenta la situacion de los indios en forma bonita.
July 3, 2007
Sayles va a America Latina y nos presenta uno de los mejores retratos de Latinoamerica vistos a traves de un extranjero, hermosa, surreal e impactante entre los 2 o 3 mejores filmes de Sayles
June 22, 2007
Excellent movie. Its a great story and a very good look at Latin America. Back of the box description: doctor travels through a Latin American country to find his former students. While I highly recommend it to anyone, if you are interested and/or have traveled to Latin America its a must see.
June 18, 2007
Excellent and depressing account of a doctor's journey through the countryside of an unnamed South American state ravaged by war and poverty.
June 17, 2007
Yet another John Sayles film. Lots of action, violence, political commentary, and it's in Spanish!
June 12, 2007
It's Apocalypse Now Latin America style.
June 10, 2007
John Sayles is another of my heroes.
½ June 9, 2007
Artful and intense exploration of loyalty, willful ignorance, and the underlying cause of poverty within Latin America