Cricket on the Hearth Reviews

• Jan 14, 2018

I wondered how I could have never heard of this Rankin/Bass musical production that is based on a Charles Dickens story. I now understand why. It was dreadful. Poor animation and lousy music. What on hearth was this? (First and only viewing - 1/13/2018)

• Nov 30, 2015

This Christmas special was ok!

This Christmas special was ok!

• Dec 05, 2014

Based on the Charles Dickens novella, this Christmas animation has a good basic storyline. But the overly sentimental and modern songs aren't a good fit.

• Apr 23, 2014

Dated pimp-vehicle for Danny Thomas' family & friends. I kept hoping an abominable stop-action snowman would intercede to wreak havoc.

• Dec 10, 2013

Rankin/Bass' First Christmas Special, Is Based On One Of Charles Dickens' Lesser Known Stories. In This Animated Feature, A Small Cricket Decides To Help A Poor Elderly Toymaker & His Blind Daughter, Find Love & The True Meaning Of Christmas. Although The Plot May Sound Mediocre The Animation Comes To Life With Song. This Is A Great Christmas Special Debut By Jules Bass & Arthur Rankin J.r., One That Sets The Standard Of Quality In Their Animations Which They Improve On, But This Sets A High Standard For Them From The Start Of Their Christmas Special Career.

• Dec 23, 2011

Clearly written by people who hate Christmas.

Clearly written by people who hate Christmas.

• Dec 15, 2011

A cute Christmas animation. I don't remember ever seeing it before but I like it.

• Dec 10, 2010

I so love watching this. I watched this with my grand kids. So thankful to have these good times to share with them.

• Dec 09, 2010

hey its danny thomas!!!!!

hey its danny thomas!!!!!

• Dec 17, 2009

Not one of my favourite Rankin and Bass productions.

Not one of my favourite Rankin and Bass productions.