Life Is Beautiful (La Vita è bella) Reviews

• Jul 16, 2020

An optimistic and inspirational story set during the holocaust, that balances sentimentalism and the horrors of war with great effect, with endearing characters, satirical tone, both funny and dramatic moments, and a heartwarming and emotionally satisfying narrative.

• Jul 12, 2020

One of the best films ever made. Roberto Begnini captivates audiences with his charm as an Italian waiter who falls in love with a beauty that is out of his league in more ways than one. As they they move forward in trying to live a quaint life, the world around them is falling apart He endures the horrors of the Holocaust with bravery and whit in order to hide the truth from those near and dear to him. In the end, this story makes you laugh, cry and smile all in one.

• Jul 06, 2020

The mixed tones do not work at all.

The mixed tones do not work at all.

• Jul 03, 2020

Pros: A unique watch and reminded me of 2019's ‘Jojo Rabbit'. A very intense event in human history, but director Roberto Benigni managed very well to add a very bright aspect to it Roberto Benigni… *insert clapping* Giorgio Cantarini (the young boy) … *insert clapping* I liked the jokes and pranks that Guido (Benigni's character) kept pulling throughout the film Cons: I did become slightly bored towards the 30-minute mark I also didn't feel there was much of a soundtrack. That may have just been me but I only noticed the main theme which I believe is called ‘Viva Giosue' Overall, I thought a ‘Life is beautiful' captured the joy that it intended to from me. The holocaust was an awful genocidal event that affected millions. But Benigni did a tremendous job in taking this and adding humour constantly throughout and essentially making it the films core. A brilliant film Quote – "This is my story. This is the sacrifice my Father made. This was his gift to me." – Giosué Orefice Score – 8/10

• Jun 28, 2020

Brilliant movie - I wonder why I notice a trend of negative reviews coming from white men. It is not surprising that an anti-fascist movie is getting mixed reviews from a ever so fascist-leaning America.

• Jun 27, 2020

Really wonderful movie. Describes fascism and it's horrible consequences. Formidable endings

• Jun 13, 2020

This movie is such garbage that I actually think less of people who like it. Random Person: "Oh I love that movie." Me: "Oh... your f*cking stupid... alright."

• Jun 02, 2020

Whoo, it hits you right in the feels doesn't it. I mean it's one thing to watch a movie about WW2 and know what to expect, but watching this character pretending to be happy like this and creating a fake world to protect his son is a different experience.

• May 19, 2020

No one 's life is perfect, but every moment of life is beautiful. No matter what kind of disaster is coming, as long as life is still there, life will always continue. Alive is the most beautiful thing.

• May 16, 2020

An Italian Oscar-winner, deservedly, that presents laughter at the same time as sorrow and messages the importance of fighting hard times with joy and hope.