Rear Window - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Rear Window Reviews

½ October 9, 2016
i thought that this movie was pretty good because Christopher Reeves played a good role most people wont agree but i havent seen the original film but yeah
½ June 19, 2016
The acting is bad, for a thriller the suspense is not well executed. Overall the film feel extremely lazy.
March 22, 2016
one if Christopher Reeves best movies
December 16, 2015
I ran into this on Netflix, a movie starring Daryl Hannah and Christopher Reeve after his paralyzing accident. In it, Reeve's optimism, drive, and work ethic shine through. I think he enjoyed making this. Hannah's character is a balanced counterpart to Reeve.

It's a suspenseful remake of an earlier film that I don't recall seeing. His condition no doubt led to numerous script changes, making it more his own.

Overall, the storyline works, although it's perhaps a bit slow at times. It picks up toward the end as Jason Kemp comes face to face in a harrowing confrontation with a killer that he's been stalking turning the tables to stalk him.

If you want to catch another glimpse of the now departed Reeve, formerly Superman back in the 70s and 80s, here you go.
½ August 17, 2014
(First viewing - Teen years)
½ March 13, 2013
This was never going to be a patch on the original and it is weak overall but an interesting ending just about saves this TV version of Hitchcock's classic from being a complete disaster.
January 22, 2013
While maybe not as good as the original, CHRISTOPHER REEVE gives a better performance than most actors today. A shining achievement!
December 9, 2012
I am going to skip this.
July 14, 2012
No I don't want to see it! The Hitchcock classic is rated R?! Rear Window isn't the movie that ever needs a remake.
½ July 13, 2012
Its a brave move to remake Hitchcock, and for the most part this succeeds, far better than Van Sant's Psycho remake. Whilst sticking to the basic premise of Hitch's original this version at least attempts to do something different it and plays to Reeve's strengths. With solid support from Hannah and Forster, its just a shame that the filmmakers didn't try to raise the bar a little more as this looks and feels like a TV movie, so whilst not the classic that the original is there are worse ways to spend an hour and a half.
July 7, 2012
Decent reworking if the Hitchcock classic doesn't have the wit and humor the original had.
June 30, 2012
Christopher Reeve is legitimately excellent in this remake of the Alfred Hitchcock classic, but he's the only great thing in it. While the screenplay tries to play around with the basic building blocks of the original's plot, it eventual devolves into a straight rehash, one done with none of the cinematic virtuosity that Hitchcock's original had in spades. Not an atrocity like the PSYCHO remake, and fans of Reeve should check it out, but it's entirely mediocre.
April 19, 2012
Decent Slow Burn Thriller, Which Shows That You Do Not Have To Be Able To Walk, To Command The Screen With Such A Great Performance. This In Which Reeve Gives Here, Him Being In The Weelchair At The Time Made His Performance Totally Convincing. A Great We Crime Thriller Made For TV.
April 15, 2012
Stop remaking classic masterpiece!
½ March 1, 2012
horrendous re-make of a classic!
February 19, 2012
I have the original. Now that I have watched this version properly with my new high speed connection, I can honestly say it does have some nice moments. But the ending does leave the viewer hanging with the question: Does Thorpe really kill his wife? What do you think?
January 14, 2012
Alfred Hitchcock is turning in his grave
December 10, 2011
Not as good as the original. However, it is well done and entertaining in its own right. Defiinitely worth a watch.
October 22, 2011
It may not be as good as Alfred Hitchcock's masterpiece thriller but "Rear Window" (1998) benefits from great atmosphere and you can see the original references scattered all over this capable remake.
July 13, 2011
I remember watching this online with my brother and praying to God it didn't ruin Rear Window for me. It didn't, but its an unnecessary sloppy remake of a movie that in no way needs to be redone.