Rear Window Reviews

• Amy L
    Oct 04, 2020

The version they actually showed was the original Hitchcock version, not the 1998 version. We still enjoyed it, just wasn't what we expected (or was advertised).

• Mary
    Jan 31, 2020

Interesting and suspenseful

Interesting and suspenseful

• Cynthia
    Jan 29, 2020

Very suspenseful! Loved the actors and scenery!

Very suspenseful! Loved the actors and scenery!

• Oct 09, 2016

i thought that this movie was pretty good because Christopher Reeves played a good role most people wont agree but i havent seen the original film but yeah

• Jun 19, 2016

The acting is bad, for a thriller the suspense is not well executed. Overall the film feel extremely lazy.

• Mar 22, 2016

one if Christopher Reeves best movies

one if Christopher Reeves best movies

• Dec 16, 2015

I ran into this on Netflix, a movie starring Daryl Hannah and Christopher Reeve after his paralyzing accident. In it, Reeve's optimism, drive, and work ethic shine through. I think he enjoyed making this. Hannah's character is a balanced counterpart to Reeve. It's a suspenseful remake of an earlier film that I don't recall seeing. His condition no doubt led to numerous script changes, making it more his own. Overall, the storyline works, although it's perhaps a bit slow at times. It picks up toward the end as Jason Kemp comes face to face in a harrowing confrontation with a killer that he's been stalking turning the tables to stalk him. If you want to catch another glimpse of the now departed Reeve, formerly Superman back in the 70s and 80s, here you go.

• Feb 20, 2015

It wasn't expected to achieve Hitchcock's mastery, but it delivers the thrills while offering a new twist in the middle of the modern update, even if it's shorter and slightly less-focused towards a mostly resolving end. Also, what really adds into the thrilling fear is Christopher Reeves' fragile, real-life condition that deepens the reality of the classic and showing that he still performs fine with the same charisma. So basically, it's a good benefitting remake that's a little less to the original. (B+) (Full review TBD)

• Mar 13, 2013

This was never going to be a patch on the original and it is weak overall but an interesting ending just about saves this TV version of Hitchcock's classic from being a complete disaster.

• Jan 22, 2013

While maybe not as good as the original, CHRISTOPHER REEVE gives a better performance than most actors today. A shining achievement!