Celebrity Reviews

• Oct 18, 2017

#woodyallenretro Podcast Project Whenever woody makes a narrative idea based on his personal hollywood experiences even as a bit of fan-fiction, theres always something left to be desired for us - again, a great cast with some good performances but overall a slice of life perspective of two somewhat confused characters and the energetic actors they meet along the way - it doesn't age as well as we hoped and even seeing a cartoonish Leo and Theron only gave slight amusement... the overall message is kind of be explored better before and it's pretty forgettable as an overall story

• Aug 26, 2017

Love doesn't come from romance or destiny, it comes from luck. Amusing rom-com, with a neat undercut of wisdom. Branagh's a great Woody, too.

• Aug 22, 2017

Love doesn't come from romance or destiny, it comes from luck. Amusing rom-com, with a neat undercut of wisdom. Branagh's a great Woody too.

• Oct 31, 2016

Rather annoying indeed.

Rather annoying indeed.

• Jan 20, 2016

Pointlessly shot in black and white, it's usually tough to follow or focus on.

Pointlessly shot in black and white, it's usually tough to follow or focus on.

• Nov 27, 2015

Muchos la consideran muy mala o de lo peorcito de Woody Allen, pero a mí me divierte. Además, me agrada el cast. Y lo mejor: ¡está en Netflix!

• Aug 12, 2015

Remember when movies were better than tv series? I wish I hadn't listened to critics as I've avoided this film for 15 years. It is in fact another wonderful entry into Woody Allen's amazing catalogue. The movie has a few flaws and bits that don't work but these are absolutely eclipsed by a dazzling array of characters and many beautiful, poignant and funny moments. As near the knuckle and adult as Allen was ever going to get, the director's trademarks are all still there including beautiful shots of New York in black and white. Kenneth Branagh doesn't niggle as much as he probably once did, even though he's so obviously channelling Woody Allen playing the film's lead. Celebrity is wonderful, dazzling and memorable. Another gem from the greatest filmmaker of any generation.

• Aug 10, 2015

"Celebrity" isn't perfect, but thanks to Woody Allen's experienced touch and its realistic portrayals of famous lives from its fine ensemble cast, the pros outweigh the cons.

• Dec 30, 2014

This is getting all too familiar

This is getting all too familiar

• Nov 19, 2014

Review: I really couldn't get into this movie. Kenneth Branagh's babbling, fake American ancient was really annoying and the back and forth storyline wasn't that great. I did have high hopes for the film after seeing the cast, but once again, I was terribly let down with the outcome. Basically the movie is about a journalist who has just broken up from wife, after many years of marriage and he decides to play the field and make the most out of his single life. After falling in and out of love with many different beautiful women, he struggles to complete his novel but he still goes around mingling with the rich and famous. His wife struggles to find herself and after trying many different methods to find pleasure in her life, she ends up with a well known television producer who helps her through her difficult break-up. With all of this material, you would think that the movie would be interesting or, at least, entertaining, but I honestly got bored after a while Branagh's stuttering, which Woody Allen is famous for, really didn't suit his persona. All of the famous people like Charlize Theron, Melanie Griffith and Leonardo DiCaprio, only had brief parts in the movie but when they were on screen, it did make the movie slightly interesting. In all, it's a waste of a great cast and I just found the movie to be a bit of a drag. Disappointing!     Round-Up: I'm surprised that Woody Allen still gets these big budgets when he has lost so much money at the box office. He still is highly respected in Hollywood, but I'm really struggling to see why! Anyway, the leading character was a bad choice by the director, but I was impressed with the young DiCaprio and Judy Davis who put in a emotional performance. There are a couple of decent scenes, like when DeCaprio is arguing with his girlfriend and the scenes with Charlize Theron but that was about it. Like many other Woody Allen movies, you have the usual New York backdrop and he chosen to film the whole movie in black and white, for some unknown reason. Anyway, it's not the greatest Woody Allen movie that I have seen and judging by the box office takings, I'm not alone. Budget:$12million Worldwide Gross: $5million I recommend this movie to people who are into there Woody Allen movies about a journalist who leaves his wife to play the field amongst the stars in Hollywood. 3/10