Psycho Reviews

• 2d ago

Besides being a remake that no one has asked for, this movie lacks soul and fails to capture the charm and intensity of the original.

• Sep 18, 2019

... Boy. That's some distorted Deja Vu for you. In Comparison to Van Sant's Other Films, this may well be the worst. If you're a Fan of Van Sant, you'd be better off watching "Gerry".Why? Well, For starters, The Casting was rather off. Vince Vaughn is way better in Comedy films. Norman Bates wasn't his Ideal Character. I would think that many of us agree on this. Give this one a skip if you don't want to waste time. However, If you'd like to see how not to make a "Psycho" film, This will give you a pretty Good idea on how.

• Sep 07, 2019

I did enjoy this film although I haven't seen the original, I will give no credit for the stylish filmmaking and script because of the copy paste method used for this film but I still enjoyed the throwback killing scenes and acting. Recommend

• Aug 29, 2019

I like it. Cool to see a remake like this, odd as it is. Vince Vaughn is my favorite part though he does play him way to crazy feom the start. Not bad as everyone says but thats just because theyre co.paring it to the original. Kind of reminds me of The Omen remake where if youve seen one youve seen them all. Great posters and tagline though!

• Aug 06, 2019

Absolutely avoidable.

Absolutely avoidable.

• Jul 30, 2019

2.5/5. Totally competent, but the least necessary movie ever made. Just watch the original.

• Jul 20, 2019

Despite the negativity that surrounds this remake, I actually like it because I feel it's a homage. Shot for shot remake isn't a bad thing.

• May 13, 2019

I don't get all the negative feedback. To me this is a good homage. Especially Vaughn's performance. Nothing wrong with updating the cinematography. I believe the only problem in translation is that today we are desensitized to violence in the slow buildup classic sense. Anyway I loved it. ð'?ð? 1/4

Aldo G Super Reviewer
    Feb 23, 2019

Lovers of Hitchcock might get a kick out of seeing this almost identical shot-by-shot remake of the original horror classic. Despite the facsimile, the film feels like a forgery.

• Jan 28, 2019

Why was Psycho remade? Was there any need for it? Gus Van Sant is a competent filmmaker and it wasn't as though he wanted to learn the technicalities! This is a scene by scence-shot by shot remake of the much more revered Hitchcock film. Remakes come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. A rare few manage to eclipse their inspirations, but most are, to one degree or another, inferior. Successful remakes take older material and do something new, interesting, and intelligent with it. Examples include The Magnificent Seven, a Western version of Akira Kurosawa's The Seven Samurai; and High Society, which turned The Philadelphia Story into a musical. The Psycho ramake is like none of these. In fact, it is like no remake ever committed to film. Not only does Gus Van Sant's version use Joseph Stefano's screenplay, Bernard Herrmann's score, and Saul Bass' title design, but Van Sant has elected to copy Hitchcock's style scene-for-scene. I feel sad for the actors who were mauled by the critics.